Thoughts on the Dupont exterior and interior protection application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
Tell us more? How much did it cost? Was it done at the dealer?

Yes it was done at the dealership this past week...it takes close to 5 hours for the dealership to clean the exterior and interior and then apply the product..it was less the. 500 and to me it was worth it...I have little kids that makes messes inside cars... being that I have the coco dune interior I feel it's worth the investment being that any staining that occurs DuPont will re Lace th affected area if it won't come clean....the only exception is the hood and roof.

OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
Sounds like the Polyglycoat stuff from the 80's (AKA poly razzmatazz) , just another wallet cleansing product that the stealership provides it's victim's.

Nothing beats a good coat of wax!

Believe me I still wax all my cars....western pa weather can be ******* car finishes....I always wax my cars regardless of whether or not I have purchased a paint protectant. This is the first product I have seen that offers a warranty that will replace surfaces should this fail to protect them

OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
This is the first post I have every seen about this...Dupont product; curious the cost of both the extended warranty and Dupont exterior and interior packaging. Nice ride. :)

The extended warranty was a little steep but it covers the vehicle for 90.000 miles...the way I see it these vehicles have become so sophisticated and that makes them very expensive to repair if something goes bad....I had a power deployable running board go bad on my last Ford F-150 the cost to replace is 2000.00 ...but I had the extended warranty so it was only $100. With this GM warranty if you take it back to your selling dealer for repairs no deductible charges...Take it to any other GM dealer and it's a 100 deductible

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ranger8996, you may want to check your warranty paperwork as a true GMPP warranty has the same deductable no matter what GM dealer you use. A dealer specific 3rd party warranty is 0 deductable if you use the selling dealer and 100 deductable if you use another dealer. Just another dealer gimmick used on unsuspecting customers. I would Google the Dupont exterior and interior vehicle protection and see what other customers have to say.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ranger8996, you may want to check your warranty paperwork as a true GMPP warranty has the same deductable no matter what GM dealer you use. A dealer specific 3rd party warranty is 0 deductable if you use the selling dealer and 100 deductable if you use another dealer. Just another dealer gimmick used on unsuspecting customers. I would Google the Dupont exterior and interior vehicle protection and see what other customers have to say.

He essentially got a detail with a warranty. For less than $500 it's probably worth it. I got my last Tahoe done at the dealer for a couple hundred bucks and put in a few interior stain claims making it kinda sorta not really worth it.

OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score

the $100 deductible is not related to my Dupont...its related to my GM extended warranty....Per the sales manager its a $100 disappearing deductible per claim ...my warranty term is for 90,000 miles. Again this is not related to the Dupont. If I take my truck for any warranty issues back to my selling dealership...no deductible is charged...If I use any other GM dealership I will have to pay the $100 deductible.

If I confused people with my original post I apologize. to be clear I purchased the GM extended warranty which has a $100 disappearing deductible and I purchased the Dupont exterior and interior protection application. The DuPont if for a period of 7 years no deductible and all surfaces are under warranty ....the only exception being the hood and roof...Dupont will not replace the roof and hood but all other surfaces should the get stained during the warranty period and if the stain can not be removed the surface is replaced at no charge to me. I personally like these exterior protection products and usually always purchase them when I buy a new car, plus I have small kids still in car seats and booster seats that always want snacks and drinks in the car....its peace of mind that my interior is protected from all stains excepts battery acid....Battery acid is the one exception to the warranty.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to confuse I just threw in the Dupont at the end. The rest of my post referred to the extended warranty. I just checked with a friend who works as the Finance Manager at a GM dealer. No such thing as a disappearing deductable for a true GMPP warranty, only a dealer specific 3rd party warranty. They are trying to insure that you use their dealer only warranty for warranty work by giving you a disappearing deductuble. If you go to another dealer you may get some resistance if you need warranty work(the work has to be pre-approved by the 3rd party warranty company) and it may not cover everything that a true GMPP warranty offers no matter what the selling dealer tells you. Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to educate. Been there done that. If you want to know for sure call GM warranty and see what they advise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345