Thoughts on the Dupont exterior and interior protection application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger8996

Reaction score
So when I purchased my new Tahoe last month I also purchased the GM extended warranty and Dupont exterior and interior protection application. On the exterior it involves clay barring the truck and then applying the Dupont product. they told me it will seal the paint and is guaranteed against any stain unless its battery acid. The package includes an interior application as well. If any staining occurs during the seven year warranty period GM will replace the affected surface. I'm just wondering if anyone else purchased it and what your thoughts may be. I just had them apply it and I have to say my Tahoe looks great and smells great.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first post I have every seen about this...Dupont product; curious the cost of both the extended warranty and Dupont exterior and interior packaging. Nice ride. :)

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I purchased my new Tahoe last month I also purchased the GM extended warranty and Dupont exterior and interior protection application. On the exterior it involves clay barring the truck and then applying the Dupont product. they told me it will seal the paint and is guaranteed against any stain unless its battery acid. The package includes an interior application as well. If any staining occurs during the seven year warranty period GM will replace the affected surface. I'm just wondering if anyone else purchased it and what your thoughts may be. I just had them apply it and I have to say my Tahoe looks great and smells great.

Tell us more? How much did it cost? Was it done at the dealer?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics?
The clay bar thing is incredible. But it gets a coat of wax after. A few months from now, it looks like Normal. The interior carpet gets scotchguard from the factory.
Never heard of DuPont products

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hopefully less than $500? (Cost of a high end detail and sealant)