Thoughts on 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Learning

Learning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I test drove the 17 Denali today and was more impressed then I imagined. I think I lowered my expectations, so it was pleasantly surprising to me.

Decent ride, electronics better then I expected, interior noise was low, fit and finish was close to the Infiniti, but the seat vibrator was a little annoying.

I might actually pick one up, I'm pretty close to it, unless something else blows me away.

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my 3rd Denali XL! Hard to beat if you need a big truck. '17 is the best yet. They ride great and travel well if you need the room. Lots of features. I live in the Mountains of CO so handling great in snow is a requirement. Hard to beat for a big truck!

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I test drove the 17 Denali today and was more impressed then I imagined. I think I lowered my expectations, so it was pleasantly surprising to me.

Decent ride, electronics better then I expected, interior noise was low, fit and finish was close to the Infiniti, but the seat vibrator was a little annoying.

I might actually pick one up, I'm pretty close to it, unless something else blows me away.
You can turn the seat vibrator off but I prefer it over beeps. It's easy to get used to.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my main gripes with our yukon xl slt.

We don't have the denali version but there are still some interior things i feel are cheap feeling compared to other makes. Interior is much improved to previous model but feel there's room for improvement.
-Door switch panel and buttons creak and are cheap feeling for a $60k+ vehicle and compared to other vehicles we've owned
-Molded plastic pockets in doors and console have sharp edges like what you'd see in a entry level compact vehicle.
-Electronics are okay...a little clunky but I believe this has been improved since 15 models.
-Harsh ride, buffeting, vibrations, etc. (a very common problem) make sure you test drive for multiple days
-V8/4 is not as smooth as it should be but is acceptable

Otherwise we are happy with the truck and works well for our family.

Yes, the seat vibrator/beep alert option can be turned off entirely. Ours has been off since the first week of ownership.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good one, funny guy.

But I haven't heard a comment about my AMG.

My bad. Thought you were coming from an Infiniti-mallow.

You can grab two denalis for the price of one AMG 550!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Learning

Learning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bad. Thought you were coming from an Infiniti-mallow.

You can grab two denalis for the price of one AMG 550!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife drives the qx80 marshmallow.

As for the AMG, it's one funny toy. But not an everyday driver.

OP
OP
Learning

Learning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are my main gripes with our yukon xl slt.

We don't have the denali version but there are still some interior things i feel are cheap feeling compared to other makes. Interior is much improved to previous model but feel there's room for improvement.
-Door switch panel and buttons creak and are cheap feeling for a $60k+ vehicle and compared to other vehicles we've owned
-Molded plastic pockets in doors and console have sharp edges like what you'd see in a entry level compact vehicle.
-Electronics are okay...a little clunky but I believe this has been improved since 15 models.
-Harsh ride, buffeting, vibrations, etc. (a very common problem) make sure you test drive for multiple days
-V8/4 is not as smooth as it should be but is acceptable

Otherwise we are happy with the truck and works well for our family.

Yes, the seat vibrator/beep alert option can be turned off entirely. Ours has been off since the first week of ownership.

Honesty, exactly what I was looking for.

I have this thing with the American car manufacturers. I feel like they have some work to be done with their finishes. Like you said, $60k+ and I've seen better interior on $20k Hyundais.

But on the flip side, American car companies make trucks that take a beating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper