This will kill your battery!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalChuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Loaded up my 2015 yukon XL Denali for an out of town dog show. Got ready to leave the next day and battery is dead. Got a jump and took it to the dealer. They said everything is good, I must have left a door open overnight. Got back from our trip and did some troubleshooting. Turns out that I had loaded the load space so full before the trip that I then opened the rear window, put in a few more things right next to the tailgate and then closed the rear window.

Next day......dead battery! turns out that if you open and close the rear window, the interior light do NOT turn off. If you open and then close any door after doing this, the lights turn off. If you lock the truck, the lights turn off. If you lock the truck, then open the rear window the interior lights turn on. If you then close the rear window, the lights turn off.

So the vehicle knows to turn off the interior lights after the rear window has been closed, buy only if the vehicle is locked. If you close the rear window and do not lock the truck or open and then close a door, the interior lights stay on and kill the battery.

This is just a heads up for the reast of you as this little design problem cost me three hours at the start of my trip.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is fixed with the 17s? I have a 17 Hoe and it locks automatically when I leave...or is that because it has the key less entry? I have only used the rear window a few times since I picked it up 6 weeks ago but rarely lock it as it honks after I start walking away and arms itself.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess the Power Protection feature isn't working:

Battery Power Protection

This feature shuts off the dome and

reading lamps if they are left on for

more than 10 minutes when the

ignition is off. This will keep the

battery from running down.

Tacky

Reaction score
It looks like you have a glitch in the body control module (BCM) or in it's programming. If you are still under warranty I would have the dealership address it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts