This webpage is not available

Discussion in 'Site News' started by kiboater, Jan 4, 2016.

1. kiboater

kiboater TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frank
    I realize that this is a free fourm and I appreciate the time it took to put this togther and manage it. My problem is that I keep getting a message that says "This webpage is not available". I get this message over 50% of the time. This happens when using the bookmark to open the forum as well as once it is open trying to open a thread.

I use the internet a lot as well as using these kinds of forums. I only have this issue with this site. I use Chrome and XP with Comcast internet. I just arrived in Marathon Florida from Baltimore and the same thing happens in both places.

Are others experiencing this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
    Frank

2. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    Wow, that seems really strange! I am on here (and other forums) very often and have never experienced this issue. Maybe @Shaggy can shed some more light on it and state whether or not he sees any issues on his end within the site logs.

Are you 100% certain that it's not a network connectivity issue with Comcast?

3. nharkey85

nharkey85 Full Access Member

Name:
    Neil
    XP is very outdated. Im running Win7 Pro on my laptop, and Vista Home Pro on my 8yr old desktop

I started experiencing stability issues with chrome over a year ago and moved on to firefox and eventually to Opera (current).

Being an employee of a competitor to Comcast, I'll jokingly blame it on Comcast's service

4. kiboater

kiboater TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frank
    I think I have figured out my issue. I tried all three browsers without any improvement. Then I tried my wife's Windows 7 machine and it has no problem at all. So XP is the problem. Why it only involves this fourm I do not know. But if it works well on WIN7, it is my problem not the forums.

thanks

Frank

07Burb likes this.
  5. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    Yeah that is pretty weird. Being an unsupported OS by Microsoft it's hard to tell.