Third row gets stuck unfolding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone (or should I say no-one, because I think this is a dead thread), at least for the archive, I found a little trick that seems to help getting those third row seats to fully engage the latches so the seat back will open, even with the cargo mat. For clarification, if you don't know, it's the rear most latches that are responsible for whether the seat back can fold open... not the front latches. So try this... with the front latches in, as if you're tipping the seat back down, before you try engaging the rear latches, on the seat latch itself, give them a head start with your fingers. You may need to lift the lever a little at the same time, but pinch the rear latches one at a time on the inside part that goes into the floor and pull them a click toward closing. This seems to help because they are half way closed. Then forcefully push straight down on the seat and it should fully close the latches allowing the seat back to easily fold open. You may need to experiment a bit with this technique, but focus only on helping those rear latches with the fronts already engaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt