Thinking of piecing together a big leveling kit, what's your thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 295/70r17 Nitto Ridge Grappler's tonight, how much lift do I need to clear them?

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a 5" lift. I had 3.25-3.5 inches from rough country lower strut Spacers with bilstines on the 3rd clip. Put in new lower arms when I did that and in 300 miles the lowers had play. Dropped them down to the 2nd clip for a total of 2.5-2.75 inches and it was ok. Just buy a lift its only 1,000 and it's well worth it. I had 275/65r20 falken atw3 (33x11) on stock 20" Tahoe 5 spoke wheels with 2 spacers and NorCal mod and it was fine. What gears do you have and do you pull weight with it.

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
So I ended up deciding 3.5" was a little more risk than I was comfortable with and decided to get a 3" front with a 1" differential drop, 2 inch rear with exended sway bar links and shock extensions to keep the ZW7 premium smooth ride package. Also wanted to keep a little bit of rake for towing when needed.

Been installing it this weekend, getting the alignment now, tires to get taken care of some point in the next week or two so I can figure out how much I need to trim. Still need to get it on a lift to drop the diff out to install that. Also waiting for the from brush guard to get here and install it.

Before
2105.jpeg

After
2103.jpeg
2101.jpeg

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks about right !,..now fill those wheel well's !

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
My luck has returned. Figured everything went too easy, alignment found tiny bit of play in front wheel bearing. Wasn't able to identify it earlier due to the amount of play in the upper control arms bad ball joints. Guess I'm going to get those ordered tonight.

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
So here are some pics. Ended up just waiting a few extra weeks, decided to replace wheels and tpms sensors after doing the hubs. Then had family come in town and a few other things pop off, but finally got everything installed.

Officially have no rubbing, ran it through the ringer this week to make sure. My biggest challenge was keeping my premium smooth ride suspension (ZW7). Fitting the 295/70R17 Ridge Grapplers went alot smoother than I expected, trimmed the front plastic and massaged the metal a little bit (couple whacks) with a sledge:893karatesmiley-thu(sledge felt less damaging than the NorCal mod, I just couldn't bring myself to cut good metal).

Thanks for the advice to everyone whether directly or indirectly through other posts.

Enough talk, here she is.

Let me know what you all think.

View media item 27107View media item 27106View media item 27108View media item 27109View media item 27110

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
Looks great. My hoe is the same color. Thought of going with the Ridge Grapplers too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So here are some pics. Ended up just waiting a few extra weeks, decided to replace wheels and tpms sensors after doing the hubs. Then had family come in town and a few other things pop off, but finally got everything installed.

Officially have no rubbing, ran it through the ringer this week to make sure. My biggest challenge was keeping my premium smooth ride suspension (ZW7). Fitting the 295/70R17 Ridge Grapplers went alot smoother than I expected, trimmed the front plastic and massaged the metal a little bit (couple whacks) with a sledge:893karatesmiley-thu(sledge felt less damaging than the NorCal mod, I just couldn't bring myself to cut good metal).

Thanks for the advice to everyone whether directly or indirectly through other posts.

Enough talk, here she is.

Let me know what you all think.

View media item 27107View media item 27106View media item 27108View media item 27109View media item 27110

Looks sweet. Good choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC