Thinking of another OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

About a year ago I sold my 00 Limited, we went through a few different cars, and currently have no vehicles capable of towing. I really liked the Tahoe, and was sad to let it go, but am now thinking of picking up another OBS.

I am debating between finding another limited, or trying to find an Escalade or Denali. I like the Limited with the lower stance and the special wheels, but also really like the front end of the Escalade/Denali.

Looking for opinions on those that have had both. I really don't need 4wd, can't say I have ever used it. Just looking for inputs.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the 99-00 Escalade (and I think the Denali) only came with 4x4, you might look at the Z71 Tahoe as well. Like the Limited, those were pretty sharp.

Otherwise, it's probably just personal preference in the end. The Denali and Escalade were, arguably, GM's finest example of rush-to-market badge engineering at the time. I always thought that the front grilles looked tacked on, the panel gaps were a little odd to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I think you are right, they were definitely rushing to compete with the Navigator.

The biggest advantage of the Escalade or Denali is the center console in the front. I didn't care much for the one in the limited. The cup holder didn't hold my coffee cup very steady in turns. I know, first world problems :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505