The Yeti's 2019 Ocean Runner 29' Offshore Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good. A number of years ago the craze was light weight composite hulls and people soon learned that was folly. They rode terrible in a sea and beat the passengers and the hulls up pretty good. I remember watching once a Grady White's hull flexing from just being moved around the yard.

I don't remember how thick the hull was on the Island Hopper but we were once hit by a go-fast offshore and it did nothing to the hull and just bent the railing, didn't even pop the screws out of the deck. A big mallet fixed the railing. His boat was holed and needed a new bow, had to keep it on plane to keep from sinking.

What inlet are you running in and out of?

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dania Beach cut. Right by the coast guard station. My house is a straight shot to the marina.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooooo i think i got it all figured out now.

Ordering my Verados by Friday. That’s the last day of the Mercury rebates.

On audio...
1 set of JL 7.7
3 sets of JL 8.8
2 10” JL Subwoofers
1 JL M600/6 (one channel bridged for 8.8, other running stereo for 7.7)
1 JL M800/8 (bridged to run 4 8.8)
1 JL 600/1
Controlled by JL Media Master

GPS/NAV
GARMIN 7612xsv
GARMIN 7612
GARMIN Fantom 18
Airmar b164 transducer

Hoping to go see the boat next week and praying i can see color!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coast Guard station on the Cut-Off? Or do you have one of those houses facing the Stranahan River and Lake Mabel where Station Fort Lauderdale is? If you do, my father grew up in one of those houses as a boy in the 1950s.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coast Guard station on the Cut-Off? Or do you have one of those houses facing the Stranahan River and Lake Mabel where Station Fort Lauderdale is? If you do, my father grew up in one of those houses as a boy in the 1950s.

I don’t live on Ocean access. I’m out West on brackish water without ocean access. I thought you had meant where did i set sail out of.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant then got confused with the CG Station. I remember now, you have that home painted green, Mizner style, right? Nice place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout