The Yeti's 2019 Ocean Runner 29' Offshore Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me: Two motors are mounted on the transom side-by-side. When viewing from the back, one prop rotates clockwise and the other rotates counter-clockwise.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me: Two motors are mounted on the transom side-by-side. When viewing from the back, one prop rotates clockwise and the other rotates counter-clockwise.

This is correct.

Marine industry standard.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was over-thinking it and thought you were running two props on each motor. So now my question is, which motor on which side? Inboard turning props or outboard turning props?

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was over-thinking it and thought you were running two props on each motor. So now my question is, which motor on which side? Inboard turning props or outboard turning props?

Usually they would turn away from each other.

What you were referring to before is a duo-prop. The new Suzuki 350 uses those.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On big ships, I seem to remember that outboard turning screws offered slightly higher speed and more maneuverable and inboard turning screws were quieter and slightly more fuel efficient.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On big ships, I seem to remember that outboard turning screws offered slightly higher speed and more maneuverable and inboard turning screws were quieter and slightly more fuel efficient.

I really don’t know. This is just a 29’ center console. :shrug:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it Robbie, the'll turn away from each other, outboard turning. Now if they only spaced the motors further apart you could twist and turn on a dime! Will you have independent controls for the motors?

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real late to this but just off the first post:
Congrats on the new sled
Love the lines, has that traditional aft gunwale like a contender/seavee, but the dropped yellowfin bow. Best of both worlds
Beanbags are the bee's knees, so comfy, smoother, and great because you can throw them on the ttop when fighting, move them around, take them off, etc. Try removing forward seating or a coffin box :rofl:
Vrods :driver:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said it Robbie, the'll turn away from each other, outboard turning. Now if they only spaced the motors further apart you could twist and turn on a dime! Will you have independent controls for the motors?

They do have independent controls, yes. Or they can sync. The center bar attaching the two is 26” i believe. Fairly close together.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real late to this but just off the first post:
Congrats on the new sled
Love the lines, has that traditional aft gunwale like a contender/seavee, but the dropped yellowfin bow. Best of both worlds
Beanbags are the bee's knees, so comfy, smoother, and great because you can throw them on the ttop when fighting, move them around, take them off, etc. Try removing forward seating or a coffin box :rofl:
Vrods :driver:

Thanks boss.

We will most certainly have bean bag chairs for the longer rides or cruising to the sand bar. But when we are offshore fishing, those things will be staying at home. Need the deck space. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99