The Yeti's 2019 Ocean Runner 29' Offshore Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't quite sure where to put this.. so what the heck.

I've been wanting an offshore boat for several years now. I had it narrowed down to a 2000-2003 Contender 27t (LOA 30') for some time. After figuring the purchase of the boat, repowering with new 4-stroke engines, new fuel tanks, new electronics, new wiring, paint, etc was going to top $120-150k, I decided to buy a new boat. I was referred by a local friend to check this small company in Miami called Ocean Runner. They are small and only build about 20-25 boats per year, mostly their 29' model.

I took a visit down to the builder in Hialeah and instantly got a very warm and personal feel from the owner. Kinda felt like family as he toured the factory with me showing different stages of the boat building process. Best of all, I could customize it however I wanted and the costs were very reasonable.

So, I opted to seatrial one with the wife one day. I knew I had a winner when I saw her shit eating grin behind the helm. Drove back to the builder and plopped down the deposit. That was in May 2017. About a one year wait/build time at that point.

Fast forward to now, and our boat is finally in the mold. She should be getting popped out soon, and I anticipate being there for the main event.

I'll post up pics as we go along.

Anyhow, this is the photo that inspired me to go this route. The picture is the exact hull we got, aside from the pipework on the T-top, which we have decided if we want that style.

So far, we chose Awlgrip Medium Gray for the hull. We are doing the entire hull from the rub rail down in one solid color. Powering it will be twin Mercury Verado 300s. As of now, twin Garmin 7612 for Radar/GPS/Diagnostic monitoring. Garmin Fantom 18 Radar. Mercury Vesselview. JL Audio for all the audio (still working on layout and speaker sizes). All the pipework is powder coated white on our hull. No fwd seating or rear seating, as we anticipate using bean bag chairs for comfort.

IMG_2494.JPG

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few pics from the factory tour tour this past Friday... Yeah, thats our actual hull in the mold.
:D

mLCDHt1bQvmBo69imd7AgQ.jpgRXbaASE%QuODnOQI8OpjCw.jpgolhQ0xkiRzqgbtYTB3I1Aw.jpgmLCDHt1bQvmBo69imd7AgQ.jpgRXbaASE%QuODnOQI8OpjCw.jpgolhQ0xkiRzqgbtYTB3I1Aw.jpgavsRWrH5TKeKiceBzr5KTQ.jpgzO%7OU9%R+Oymu8OnDfqgQ.jpg

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when we seatrialed a 2016 model... had twin 250s and hauled ass, but 300s being the same weight seemed like a no brainer to get..

IMG_2198.JPG IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2205.JPG
(no thats not me)

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to come down for the weekend and test this thing out!!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford looks great and that new center console is going to be sweet.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got another quote on the engines done. Meeting with the boat builder tomorrow to confirm i have all the rigging itemized properly as well as audio components that i want.

I hope she’s out of the mold tomorrow.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hull has nice lines and big stringers. How much will the hull weigh? I enjoyed watching the process with the Island Hopper 30s in Fort Pierce way back when. I like heavy hulls that crash through waves, not bounce over them, hulls tough enough to snap pilings like toothpicks like old Uniflites and Bertrams.

Enjoy the build process and then the boat! Gonna hunt tuna and swords with it? Or put a little half tower up top and go after that tiger shark that was cruising the shoreline last week! Might get some nice cobias sight fishing from the tower too.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hull has nice lines and big stringers. How much will the hull weigh? I enjoyed watching the process with the Island Hopper 30s in Fort Pierce way back when. I like heavy hulls that crash through waves, not bounce over them, hulls tough enough to snap pilings like toothpicks like old Uniflites and Bertrams.

Enjoy the build process and then the boat! Gonna hunt tuna and swords with it? Or put a little half tower up top and go after that tiger shark that was cruising the shoreline last week! Might get some nice cobias sight fishing from the tower too.

Mahi, tuna, wahoo, Kings, etc. nothing crazy.

Mainly something for the wife and i to troll around with and let the kids enjoy.

I want to say the hull is around 8500lbs wet. It’s thick as hell. And solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972