The SUPER EASY 4-Hi mod for 00-02 vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jutte73

Reaction score
anyone figure out a way to do this with HID's as highs and lows?? i have an 02, but read earlier someone had HID highs and lows tried this and was unable to get the HIDs to work. maybe with the harness from DDM would make it work... just seeing if anyone knows..

thanks!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just tried the 4 hi mod on my '02 denali and it isn't working! I first grounded the yellow wire at the drivers side low beam and it worked like normal, the lows would turn off when the highs were on. So I grounded the passenger side one as well so both were grounded and then the low wouldn't work at all, just the highs when I turned them on! I am still experimenting with them right now but was wondering if anyone else encountered my problem. I am also running DDM's HIDs and I know that I had to reverse polarity to get them to work so not sure if that's part of the problem.
Anybody with some ideas?

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Well, I spoke too soon!! I went out and unhooked the drivers side one and left the passenger side one on and it works great!! Thanks for this writeup guys, and if any of you are having a hard time making this work, try grounding just the passenger low yellow wire and see if that makes it work!!

jutte73

Reaction score
you also need to make sure you have a really good ground. when i first did mine it didnt work then i got some sand paper out and sanded the paint away where i wanted to ground the wire hooked it back up and workked like a champ!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I connected mine, instead of a splice right behind each headlight. I connected beneath the underhood fuse panel, for a much cleaner finished look. Here is where the yellow ground wires for the headlights meet up with the fuse/junction block.
Just cut it off from the junction block, solder on a piece of wire with a ring terminal and connect it to a ground bolt.
DSC03140.jpg
DSC03141.jpg
DSC03144.jpg
DSC03145.jpg
DSC03147.jpg

Now cover the solder joint with heat shrink tubing.
DSC03148.jpg
DSC03149.jpg

And just put a ring terminal on the end of the wire and you can connect it to this fender bolt directly beneath the fuse block.
DSC03143.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts