The life and times of Debonair’s Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Debonair

Debonair

Reaction score
LED interior done. I used THIS KIT from Amazon. I did the license plat and mirror puddle/courtesy light while I was at it using THESE which I had left over from my previous cars conversion. These are the longest lasting LED 194's I have used.

Mirror light is not as bright as it looks here, I think its the shiny white paint making look excessive. Interior light looks slightly brighter in the pictures then in person. They are perfect in my opinion.

AHVNlEw.jpg

9eeQ2TV.jpg

gPMuWj7.jpg

OP
OP
Debonair

Debonair

Reaction score
Subwoofer is in. Box is in the temp box from my last car which is an off the shelf ported box that I sealed up and added a 3/4in spacer to the front to fix bigger magnets. I will be building a new box for this truck at some point.

What I Recycled / Owned:
Subwoofer enclosure
Kicker Comp VX 12”Subwoofer - 2yo, previous car
Kenwood KAC-X10D 600W RMS Class D Amplifier - 12yo, 2 previous cars :eek:
4 awg ground
Fuse block - previous car
Solder, heat shrink, other install supplies

What I bought New:

PAC SNI-35 LOC
4 awg 25ft power cable
20ft RCA
RJ11 (phone cable) for bass knob 20ft
12 awg wire for amp turn-on
Copper 4 awg terminals
split wire loom

Pictures:

Wiring plan
gqh7tG3.png

Box (in last car, with different sub)
Ndgf0wZ.jpg
In the Yukon
XIdsrZJ.jpg

Fuse block bracket. Made from plastic from the local shops scrap bin. Held in place by pinching between the battery trap support and the cowl.
OdOLpDh.jpg
WXQQvXL.jpg
rQTddWr.jpg
JHgrCBM.jpg
Under hood looks nice and clean.
FWWny6N.jpg

SNI-35 LOC installed under cup holders, connected to the OEM sub. The RCA we run out under the console right in front of the driver seat to the door edge and then ran with the 12v, Acc wire, and RJ11 to the rear of the Yukon. Everything tucks in nicely under the cupholder.
xSmdDgB.jpg
9mUt4j6.jpg
khH9r1Z.png

All wires are setup to quickly and easily disconnect from the subwoofer box so I can take it out. RCA and RJ11 are work by design. For 12v and ground I use a winch quick disconnect designed for 2/4awg. For the remote turn-on wire I used an old HID connector.
xfV5ciK.jpg
I3r5XV5.jpg
JGcICbQ.jpg
CLa0CqV.jpg

Just like my last car the Bose ANC made the system hum like crazy until I cut a mic wire. For this truck I opted to chop off this mic. Snip and done, no more hum. I reinstalled the mic bracket and grille.
scywoHj.jpg

The remote base know was installed to the right of the steering column. The little shelf there is just the right size and location for me to easily reach adjust it.
v7xNd0V.jpg

I'm happy for now. Needs a new box. Bass is a little boomy. More fine tuning to come.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that " mic" was your aspirator for your HVAC system which is known to hum until you clean it out or replace it. Does it look like a small fan when you closely inspect it? The aspirator is above the driver, in the headliner. Hard to tell from that picture. The factory mics are in the center forward OHC usually.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Subwoofer is in. Box is in the temp box from my last car which is an off the shelf ported box that I sealed up and added a 3/4in spacer to the front to fix bigger magnets. I will be building a new box for this truck at some point.

What I Recycled / Owned:
Subwoofer enclosure
Kicker Comp VX 12”Subwoofer - 2yo, previous car
Kenwood KAC-X10D 600W RMS Class D Amplifier - 12yo, 2 previous cars :eek:
4 awg ground
Fuse block - previous car
Solder, heat shrink, other install supplies

What I bought New:

PAC SNI-35 LOC
4 awg 25ft power cable
20ft RCA
RJ11 (phone cable) for bass knob 20ft
12 awg wire for amp turn-on
Copper 4 awg terminals
split wire loom

Pictures:

Wiring plan
gqh7tG3.png

Box (in last car, with different sub)
Ndgf0wZ.jpg
In the Yukon
XIdsrZJ.jpg

Fuse block bracket. Made from plastic from the local shops scrap bin. Held in place by pinching between the battery trap support and the cowl.
OdOLpDh.jpg
WXQQvXL.jpg
rQTddWr.jpg
JHgrCBM.jpg
Under hood looks nice and clean.
FWWny6N.jpg

SNI-35 LOC installed under cup holders, connected to the OEM sub. The RCA we run out under the console right in front of the driver seat to the door edge and then ran with the 12v, Acc wire, and RJ11 to the rear of the Yukon. Everything tucks in nicely under the cupholder.
xSmdDgB.jpg
9mUt4j6.jpg
khH9r1Z.png

All wires are setup to quickly and easily disconnect from the subwoofer box so I can take it out. RCA and RJ11 are work by design. For 12v and ground I use a winch quick disconnect designed for 2/4awg. For the remote turn-on wire I used an old HID connector.
xfV5ciK.jpg
I3r5XV5.jpg
JGcICbQ.jpg
CLa0CqV.jpg

Just like my last car the Bose ANC made the system hum like crazy until I cut a mic wire. For this truck I opted to chop off this mic. Snip and done, no more hum. I reinstalled the mic bracket and grille.
scywoHj.jpg

The remote base know was installed to the right of the steering column. The little shelf there is just the right size and location for me to easily reach adjust it.
v7xNd0V.jpg

I'm happy for now. Needs a new box. Bass is a little boomy. More fine tuning to come.
Will a reg phone cable work for the adj bass knob? I've always wondered that.

OP
OP
Debonair

Debonair

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that " mic" was your aspirator for your HVAC system which is known to hum until you clean it out or replace it. Does it look like a small fan when you closely inspect it? The aspirator is above the driver, in the headliner. Hard to tell from that picture. The factory mics are in the center forward OHC usually.

Nope. Fan was in the other grille and yes it was filthy, but quiet.

Mic was very obviously a mic. I google the part number before cutting just to be sure. GM Part No.: 25783504 - Microphone Asm-Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise. More pics of it HERE.

The Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) of the Bose system freaks out when you tap into it for subwoofer signal and feeds a bunch of noise into the system. There are no settings for it in the head unit software to disable it. By cutting a mic it disables itself. ANC doresnt work for crap anyways. Same exact issue and resolution as my Infiniti when I tapped into its Bose system.

4HAkSxZ.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Debonair

Debonair

Reaction score
Will a reg phone cable work for the adj bass knob? I've always wondered that.

Always has for me. I had a JL Audio amp+knob and now the Kenwood that both did. I'm using phone cable (RJ11) from Hopedepot in the Yukon. They were out of black so I had to use white. I never uninstall it when changing vehicles, just buy another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts