The IronHorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the untimely death of the JollyGreenGiant, I did some shuffling around, and moved the IronHorse into the carport.

The IronHorse is a 1999 (I think I have so many it gets hard to keep up) K2500 Suburban. It is a work truck so it has vinyl seats, roll up windows, and rubber floormats. A perfect truck for hauling junk with.

Tomorrow we will do a compression and leakdown test to see what we can find out. Hopefully it is just and intake leak.
23231267_10156071218849739_6999624604839660107_n.jpg

23172858_10156071220929739_2112359814170436532_n.jpg

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since not much happened on the truck here is how my morning went.

I nearly strangled a guy this morning.

Yesterday morning I was supposed to go get a Crown Vic from him. However, weather had me running late. I texted (the only way I had been in touch with him - not at all unusual) him to ask if he wanted to reschedule. He texted back, "reschedule", I asked him when, he never answered.

This morning at 9 he texted and asked why I wasn't there yet. I told him he didnt say to come. I told him I could be there in an hour and a half IF he wanted us to still come. HE said to come.

At 10, when I was 20 minutes from his address, he texted me,"Don't come" I called him. He said he had decided to not sell it.I hung up, I was temped to drive to his house to punch him in the neck.

A minute later he called and said to come get it. I told him to be certain he wanted me to come. He said to come on.

We got there and he started telling me that someone else had offered him $300. I told him that was not true. Then he wanted to be paid before he signed the bill of sale and handed over the keys. Had it not been such a long drive I would have left. As it was I now have a Crown Vic.

Need a demo derby car??

We then turned our attention to the IronHorse. We spent some time getting the spark plugs out, then attempted to do a compression test.

The battery was dead.

We hooked up the battery charger, then remembered the nearly new battery in the JollyGreenGiant, so we stole it.

Then the started began making a noise that I cannot describe, and I have never heard before. It was odd, because we have started and driven this truck to where it was parked. We did not attempt to start it to move it under the carport.

While Steph turned the key I looked at the starter and could see something moving. I couldn't tell what it was. She got under the truck and found the starter solenoid was missing both bolts. SO it came out. I had another starter that looked similar, but upon further review it was just slightly different.

A new starter is $120. I can have this one rebuilt for $50. A no brainer there.

Heath (5 year old) got home from school and everyone came inside.

They took the starter to the shop. I am sitting on my butt. They are going grocery shopping too.

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to update this.

Steph put the starter back in the next day. However, when I was doing the compression test I found that the whole front of the frame is rusted out. NO fixing it. And the engine had bad compression and when I looked in with the borescope the cylinders were scored. DAMMIT. I do have my eye on another k2500

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since not much happened on the truck here is how my morning went.

I nearly strangled a guy this morning.

Yesterday morning I was supposed to go get a Crown Vic from him. However, weather had me running late. I texted (the only way I had been in touch with him - not at all unusual) him to ask if he wanted to reschedule. He texted back, "reschedule", I asked him when, he never answered.

This morning at 9 he texted and asked why I wasn't there yet. I told him he didnt say to come. I told him I could be there in an hour and a half IF he wanted us to still come. HE said to come.

At 10, when I was 20 minutes from his address, he texted me,"Don't come" I called him. He said he had decided to not sell it.I hung up, I was temped to drive to his house to punch him in the neck.

A minute later he called and said to come get it. I told him to be certain he wanted me to come. He said to come on.

We got there and he started telling me that someone else had offered him $300. I told him that was not true. Then he wanted to be paid before he signed the bill of sale and handed over the keys. Had it not been such a long drive I would have left. As it was I now have a Crown Vic.

Need a demo derby car??

We then turned our attention to the IronHorse. We spent some time getting the spark plugs out, then attempted to do a compression test.

The battery was dead.

We hooked up the battery charger, then remembered the nearly new battery in the JollyGreenGiant, so we stole it.

Then the started began making a noise that I cannot describe, and I have never heard before. It was odd, because we have started and driven this truck to where it was parked. We did not attempt to start it to move it under the carport.

While Steph turned the key I looked at the starter and could see something moving. I couldn't tell what it was. She got under the truck and found the starter solenoid was missing both bolts. SO it came out. I had another starter that looked similar, but upon further review it was just slightly different.

A new starter is $120. I can have this one rebuilt for $50. A no brainer there.

Heath (5 year old) got home from school and everyone came inside.

They took the starter to the shop. I am sitting on my butt. They are going grocery shopping too.
I just wanted to day, I would've punched him in the neck! But that's just me. Too bad on the Suburban, looked decent from the rear.

Last edited: