The infamous "Stability System Disabled" message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine comes on every time a start my esv. I always have to hit the button on my steering wheel to clear it, my truck does not act up or anything. I'm guessing its a sensor or something, I'm sure someone gets issue as well as me. Anyone......

nhoj_yelbom

Reaction score
my 04 denali did it with reduced engine power, checked wires from throttle body (good). code was for inside pedal position sensor. got gm to update software, no issues since. GL

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 just started this as well. It was right after I installed 22's but I don't know if that had anything to so with it or not. Only happened twice so far in about a month span and I don't get any other symptoms either. Let us know if you find anything out. I'm also worried this might be the beginning of something that might surface later.

beck238

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have the same problem...assume nobody has taken it to the dealer to find out the problem? I did notice the Owners Manuel says if it happens after aggressive driving or braking you have nothing to worry about, but if it happens frequently for no reason you need to get it check out by the dealer..

If anyone ever finds out the cause I would be interested in knowing!!

my_denali_sux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a fuse blowing because of this? Specifically the fuse to the PCM. (PCM-b 20amp)
I'm still stuck as to what is causing the Denali to shutdown after blowing that fuse.

N Canencia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 04 Tahoe indicated the same. Several times I've see the SS shown on display then go off but this time it also said "Reduce Engine Power". I wasn't aware until I felt that my power did reduce. I need suggestions as well.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Is it still safe to drive?

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the engine go to reduced power mode for a problem with the TPS/Gas pedal.. I would check your engine codes even if the light does not come on.

For those having a issue with the gauges going crazy and stability acting up watch this video.... if your truck does this I would check the battery. This was my random issue last winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSrkmbIyfc&list=UUOFUf1c8ErAJsnGpdDEAaug

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Four year thread dig.

"Stability system disabled" on dic. No reduced power, no lights, no codes. It doesn't affect me in the slightest other than I don't stuff on the dic and I'd love to know the issue. Any chance it's related to z55? Whole system was replaced right before I got the truck in like 14/15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts