The Family Truckster (my mod/build thread - 2012 Yukon Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The little guys fell asleep in the ole Truckster, so while my wife was shopping I did a quick photo shoot with er... a slightly better scenery than the traditional cemetery or firehouse... enjoy?

View attachment 74923

View attachment 74924

View attachment 74926

View attachment 74927

View attachment 74928

Truck looks awesome. I would have it professionally polished to get those swirls out of your paint. You will be amazed on the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome. I would have it professionally polished to get those swirls out of your paint. You will be amazed on the outcome.

Ugh... yeah, it's pretty bad... bought her used, and now she's 100,000+ miles paint... should just get it wrapped and pretend it's not bad lol

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh... yeah, it's pretty bad... bought her used, and now she's 100,000+ miles paint... should just get it wrapped and pretend it's not bad lol
I feel ya. I had 70k when I bought mine and the paint was trashed. Took it to a detailer and he charged me $250 and it looks like glass now. Definitely worth it!

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No money for mods or the plans i have at the moment.... so... in idle... heres some more stinkin pictures if anyone cares, bah! Feel free to let me know if you guys are getting sick of me just posting pictures every time i wash my damn truck heh!
This past weekend in Detroit we had AutoRama, one of the cooler (non performance based) local vendors was Detroit Speed Cult, basically a plethora of scrap metal cnc'd to logos etc etc, theyve got some really cool rustic steel if you ask me... anywho, first picture is one of their vintage GMC logo pieces, me likey...
IMAG5198.jpg
IMAG5232.jpg IMAG5236.jpg IMAG5237.jpg IMAG5238.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Love that ass end, love the whole truck!. But there's one small detail that bugs me, the outer trim on not just yours but all clear tails have a white/clear border that stands out. Ptm that border would look clean imo.
Then clear corners up front or a retro and it's perfect,. ....well after a deep multi stage detail on the paint.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that ass end, love the whole truck!. But there's one small detail that bugs me, the outer trim on not just yours but all clear tails have a white/clear border that stands out. Ptm that border would look clean imo.
Then clear corners up front or a retro and it's perfect,. ....well after a deep multi stage detail on the paint.
First off... THANK YOU!! Seriously, the compliments are killer man, thank you! Secondly, I couldn't agree with you more on the lights/trim... and obviously the paint ("buzz's girlfriend... WOOF!"). I despise slapping money down for stuff like lights, bulbs, trim, rims and decorations lol, but i'll admit, ive been searching high and low lately for headlight solutions first and foremost on account of the poor visibility... it really is a problem! And, admittedly, a lot of whats available out there look hundreds of times better than the factory ones... but theres just SOOOOOO much out there, and a lot of it i hear is or can be pure garbage, definitely dont want to pull the trigger and flop a few hundred bucks to wind up with trash... ugh, shoot me some solid suggestions, PLEASE! I;m bad at picking that stuff out...
Also, again, admittedly, I've been interested in and attracted to the Platinum Escalade smoked taillights and even possibly third brake light/spoiler setup... it's incredibly overwhelming when trying to search through the forum for part numbers, pictures and install/mod directions for the esky tail stuff... any direction or suggestions in that area would be incredibly appreciated as well...

again, thanks a ton for the kind words, compliments and motivation!

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
First off... THANK YOU!! Seriously, the compliments are killer man, thank you! Secondly, I couldn't agree with you more on the lights/trim... and obviously the paint ("buzz's girlfriend... WOOF!"). I despise slapping money down for stuff like lights, bulbs, trim, rims and decorations lol, but i'll admit, ive been searching high and low lately for headlight solutions first and foremost on account of the poor visibility... it really is a problem! And, admittedly, a lot of whats available out there look hundreds of times better than the factory ones... but theres just SOOOOOO much out there, and a lot of it i hear is or can be pure garbage, definitely dont want to pull the trigger and flop a few hundred bucks to wind up with trash... ugh, shoot me some solid suggestions, PLEASE! I;m bad at picking that stuff out...
Also, again, admittedly, I've been interested in and attracted to the Platinum Escalade smoked taillights and even possibly third brake light/spoiler setup... it's incredibly overwhelming when trying to search through the forum for part numbers, pictures and install/mod directions for the esky tail stuff... any direction or suggestions in that area would be incredibly appreciated as well...

again, thanks a ton for the kind words, compliments and motivation!
05single is definitely right on the retro if your looking at headlight options becuz visibility is your reason for changing them. And as far as the tails, i went g5s with esky appliqués to match and the esky third modded full light. Seemed like the only way too go once you start looking at the options, also i believe they make the g5s and esky third smoked if thats the way you wanted to go. Almost forgot my compliment too, badass truck man!! [emoji106][emoji106]90968ca5d08a91d6a20c8b9bb8861443.jpg2a53fccf81fc617674997c4a14e61329.jpg

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC