The exhaust dead horse...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mattsred03

Mattsred03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good info. I'm going to look into this and do some research. I research everything before I buy. Engine oil, intake, tires... I just want to make a good choice. I'm going to check it out.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my racing days I always used Flowmaster exhaust systems after finding the others too loud and offering no performance edge. Their website shows a twin pipe setup and it seems quiet enough on the videos they posted. Don't want any droning either. In my racing days, those ******/Walker Dynomax/Borla mufflers made it all but impossible to carry on a conversation in the cars, the only time it was quiet was when going over Intracoastal Waterway on those old steel bridges!

OP
OP
Mattsred03

Mattsred03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Flowmasters are known for their drone, aren't they? Every car/pick-up/SUV with FM exhaust I've been in had a drone. Some almost unbearable.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 40 series on my wife's suv and there is no drone inside the cab. Sure there is a note the muffler really hits well but it doesn't resonate inside the cab and create something uncomfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt