The Denali threw in the towel today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took the short block to the machine shop yesterday. The number 2 cam bearing was toast. It hadn't spun yet but wasn't far from it. I hope the block is OK. I haven't decided yet which route I want to go. I love the benefits of the vvt but I'm worried about the oiling issue that caused this problem I'm having right now. I may go with a standard cam and delete the vvt. I did decide to go ahead and put new rings, bearings, cam bearings, oil pump etc. Probably a set of full roller rockers and I'm seriously contemplating putting my buddies fabricated mid rise Ls3 intake on it just to see. I can always switch back to the L92 intake later.

Hmm, tell us more about this intake. Interested in hearing about it. Truck intakes are supposed to be the best at making torque, and the car intakes better at making HP. A 'mid-rise' LS3 intake might be the better of both worlds.

A converter will make the truck feel 'heavier' in daily driving, which your fiancé may not like. We got a 96 SS cheap because the owner's wife hated the converter. Jump on the gas, though, and the car comes alive. It's a compromise some don't like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2