The bear ate the cat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time 2 cats lived under a big blue bridge named Suburban. They were warm and happy and frolicked about together all around town. Screaching and howling late into the night for all to hear. And then one day a big bad bear came around Subruban bridge and wanted to lift the bridge up and start sending more cars across the bridge and make it a more powerful bridge. The cats were worried. They didn’t know if they could handle the increased flow! And sure enough a few days after the bridge reconstruction was completed one of the cats could be heard making a horrible noise. The other cat came running to his rescue, but it was too late. The one cat had blown a muscle and was making awful sounds in pain. There was nothing the other cat could do to help.

So probably not related but maybe, my 18 year old Catalytic converters are dying. I did my Black Bear tune last week and have been a little harder on the truck since then, what can I say it’s a blast to drive now. But some of the internal plates in the driver side converter started to rattle the other day sitting in a drive through, gave it the hammer test when I got home and sure enough there are objects rattling around inside. I laughed when it happened like well damn, I get a tune, start laying into the throttle more and blow out my old ass rusted catalytic converters, lol.

I knew I need new exhaust soon because of rust, so no biggie. I am looking at replacing the cats and the muffler. I don’t have the budget for headers right now, can’t do headers, no cats, and muffler and still pass emissions, so I just need to get some nice high flow cats I can pass emission in NC with and find a nice single in dual out muffler.

Suggestions? I have had Flowmaster on several vehicles, and driven a few with Gibson and Boral, I liked all to be honest. I would love to try something different with a unique sound thats not too awful loud but louder than what I have now, and still be able to hear the passengers when driving.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Once upon a time 2 cats lived under a big blue bridge named Suburban. They were warm and happy and frolicked about together all around town. Screaching and howling late into the night for all to hear. And then one day a big bad bear came around Subruban bridge and wanted to lift the bridge up and start sending more cars across the bridge and make it a more powerful bridge. The cats were worried. They didn’t know if they could handle the increased flow! And sure enough a few days after the bridge reconstruction was completed one of the cats could be heard making a horrible noise. The other cat came running to his rescue, but it was too late. The one cat had blown a muscle and was making awful sounds in pain. There was nothing the other cat could do to help.

So probably not related but maybe, my 18 year old Catalytic converters are dying. I did my Black Bear tune last week and have been a little harder on the truck since then, what can I say it’s a blast to drive now. But some of the internal plates in the driver side converter started to rattle the other day sitting in a drive through, gave it the hammer test when I got home and sure enough there are objects rattling around inside. I laughed when it happened like well damn, I get a tune, start laying into the throttle more and blow out my old ass rusted catalytic converters, lol.

I knew I need new exhaust soon because of rust, so no biggie. I am looking at replacing the cats and the muffler. I don’t have the budget for headers right now, can’t do headers, no cats, and muffler and still pass emissions, so I just need to get some nice high flow cats I can pass emission in NC with and find a nice single in dual out muffler.

Suggestions? I have had Flowmaster on several vehicles, and driven a few with Gibson and Boral, I liked all to be honest. I would love to try something different with a unique sound thats not too awful loud but louder than what I have now, and still be able to hear the passengers when driving.

Carven ftw.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would just double check the heat shields. Harder on the throttle means more heat... it’s possible you just popped a weld for the heat shield. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just double check the heat shields. Harder on the throttle means more heat... it’s possible you just popped a weld for the heat shield. Just my two cents.

I will check it again when I get home tonight, would be nice to wait and do headers at the same time.

@Tonyrodz had some cats i think...

I went to his classified thread and talked to him about it, it’s an option for sure cause I can probably get them welded in no problem and the price is right.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent my cats to a animal sanctuary and left them there and now the Tahoe bridge is so very happy and more powerful without them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9