The 15+ Supercharger/turbo Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chirider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone email me a PDF for a TVS1900 installation on a 2015 Yukon 5.3? I'd like see if I can do the install myself. I could not find it on the internet. Thanks in advance!

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious as well, for the tvs1900 is this something you can do over the weekend in your garage or driveway? Since I do all my fluid changes, brake jobs at home wonder if this would be a diy type of thing?

Chirider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a supercharger installer in the Chicago, IL area?

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a supercharger installer in the Chicago, IL area?

Komet Motorsports has worked with some of our customers in the past for that type of installation. They have been nothing but honest and reputable in our experience.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone email me a PDF for a TVS1900 installation on a 2015 Yukon 5.3? I'd like see if I can do the install myself. I could not find it on the internet. Thanks in advance!

I am curious as well, for the tvs1900 is this something you can do over the weekend in your garage or driveway? Since I do all my fluid changes, brake jobs at home wonder if this would be a diy type of thing?

Try this link here: http://www.blackbearperformance.com/Files/TVS1900-DI-Install.pdf

Install is only slightly different on an SUV.

JJB809

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello amigos, I am also looking into supercharging my 17' 5.3 Tahoe.
Is there someone who could tell us simply what the comparison between the Magnuson Whipple and the other brand you would recommend?
Pricing on all kits is between 6 and 7k right?
I don't care about the warranty really.
Thanks for the great help !!
JJB

Last edited:

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there someone who could tell us simply what the comparison between the Magnuson Whipple and the other brand you would recommend?
Pricing on all kits is between 6 and 7k right?
I don't care about the warranty really.
Thanks for the great help !!
JJB

It would be nice if the vendors who sell install the three brands (mag, whipple and edelbrock) could do a camparison:
1)quality of parts
2)better or extra features
3)installation/fitment, need for modification
4) end result, power delivery, safety/reliability

I’m sure one has a better water to Air cooler than the other. One must have a more efficient or larger compressor. Etc etc etc... there must be something to set each apart from the others.
The closest I’ve gotten is the mag and edelbrock are nicer kits than the whipple, but no reasons why.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It would be nice if the vendors who sell install the three brands (mag, whipple and edelbrock) could do a camparison:
1)quality of parts
2)better or extra features
3)installation/fitment, need for modification
4) end result, power delivery, safety/reliability

I’m sure one has a better water to Air cooler than the other. One must have a more efficient or larger compressor. Etc etc etc... there must be something to set each apart from the others.
The closest I’ve gotten is the mag and edelbrock are nicer kits than the whipple, but no reasons why.
Pretty sure we have posted that up a few times on this forum. Results also vary on year/engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have posted that up a few times on this forum. Results also vary on year/engine.

I could have sworn your shop just said the edelbrock and the magnacharger were recommended equally but not why or details.
I’ll research the 15+ forum for details.

If it was posted as a reply to a certain members post, I may not have seen it because I don’t bother reading his threads... sometimes I get linked to them, but as a habit I bypass them.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I could have sworn your shop just said the edelbrock and the magnacharger were recommended equally but not why or details.
I’ll research the 15+ forum for details.

If it was posted as a reply to a certain members post, I may not have seen it because I don’t bother reading his threads... sometimes I get linked to them, but as a habit I bypass them.
Lol. Yes, it is somewhere, but i can have Justin post up again. If you look his posts up you should be able to find his technical response from a tuning perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts