The 15+ Supercharger/turbo Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So can you run the superchargers with factory tuning?

No.

The Whipple and Magnacharger do offer a canned tune option with them if desired. We have a few custom tuning options for our customers, and offer package deals.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.

The Whipple and Magnacharger do offer a canned tune option with them if desired. We have a few custom tuning options for our customers, and offer package deals.
Thanks, I have an 09 but was just curious to the "bolt on" and "plug n play" aspect of them.. I currently use a Diablosport I2.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, I have an 09 but was just curious to the "bolt on" and "plug n play" aspect of them.. I currently use a Diablosport I2.

They are somewhat bolt on, but not as easily as an intake. I would not call them plug and play, as it is strongly recommended that everything is up to ***** (both mechanically and tuning wise) before you start romping on the skinny pedal.

The Diablo will not be able to tune for FI.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I actually will be doing a raffle for the 15 up gm suv kit. I will be posting the raffle info in my vendor section. I've been doing the raffles on my other websites worked great.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aren't raffles illegal?
It's been going all over facebook for a,while now. Has been working out great. That being said keep eye on my vendor section guys. Will have treats coming up

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's been going all over facebook for a,while now. Has been working out great. That being said keep eye on my vendor section guys. Will have treats coming up

Raffles are illegal Federally as well as by State if you are not registered with the State's Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts. For the folks winning a supercharger, they are subject to taxes, as it is worth over $5K. If you have indeed registered the raffle as a nonprofit, the nonprofit must withhold 25 percent of the income and report this amount to the IRS. Since the fair market value is over $5,000, the winner must pay 25 percent of the value to the nonprofit, minus the cost of the wager. Further, if the winner does not submit her Social Security number or other tax number to the organization, and the raffle prize must be reported, then the nonprofit must withhold 28 percent of the prize income. This is known as backup withholding. In addition to Form W-2G, the nonprofit must report the withheld income on Form 945, Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax.

Of course raffles are going well for you, if you have 20 people pay $300 for a raffle ticket, you have gotten paid retail value for the supercharger system and then some!

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. Now back to blowers

MikeW

Reaction score
What's the going rate for a supercharger? Saw this on local CL: (worth it?)

Need to sell! ***Complete Vortech Supercharger Kit*** - $1500 unhide

QR Code Link to This Post

Yes! It's available again after a no show from out of town buyer. As to sell it quicker this time I've reduced the price.

What's included: Vortech Supercharger, Mounting Bracket and Hardware, Inlet Piping, Secondary In-Line High Pressure Fuel Pump, and Fuel Management Unit.

This kit fits many applications, all you need is a mounting bracket; which you can buy online from stores like Vortech or Summit Racing.

Trades- Complete paint job including prep, paint, and materials on a '97 Cobra, otherwise cash.

E-mail me with any and all questions. Thanks for looking!

Ford, Chevy, Chevrolet, Camaro, Cobra, Corvette, LS1, LS2, LS3, LS7, Dodge, GM, GMC, Silverado, SS, Escalade, Hummer, Scion, FR-S, Subaru, BRZ, G35, Honda, Civic, SI, S2000, Nissan, Infinity, Mach, Mustang, GT, 350, 370, Z, 3.5, 3.8, 4.0, 4.6, 4.8, 5.0, 5.3, 5.4, 5.7, 6.0, 6.1, Chrysler, 300C, Magnum, Charger, Challenger, Jeep, SRT

aceromero1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a supercharger for my 2003 yukon xl. Any suggestions where to find a reasonable priced one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec