The 15+ Supercharger/turbo Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking to supercharge your 5.3 or 6.2???? Well post up your questions here. Being a Whipple and magnacharger dealer I can help you plus there are other guys that can chime in and tell your their experiences.

My 16 escalade has a Whipple and no complaints here...... well ya wish it would be faster lol. Power is very strong and with exhaust and only 7.5 psi runs 12.2s on 26 inch rims. I do like the magnachager but the Whipple being 2.9 it just pushes lots of power.

Even on the 5.3s the 2.9s rip and best of all its smog legal in all 50 states.

So if you have a whipple/msngacharger/turbo/procharger post on up.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to the supercharger stuff and have only lately looked into it because of various threads on here. The biggest thing keeping it from me right now is of course the cost (don't have much fun money with two kids in daycare!). I'm curious though, what other mods are necessary besides doing the supercharger? Can leaving everything else stock really keep up with the added power or would other upgrades be necessary as well in order to not add too much unnecessary wear and tear on the truck?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to the supercharger stuff and have only lately looked into it because of various threads on here. The biggest thing keeping it from me right now is of course the cost (don't have much fun money with two kids in daycare!). I'm curious though, what other mods are necessary besides doing the supercharger? Can leaving everything else stock really keep up with the added power or would other upgrades be necessary as well in order to not add too much unnecessary wear and tear on the truck?

You can just put the kit on and be done. Since smog legal nothing else is needed. Sure you can do headers/exhaust for more power but blower wakes it up a lot.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the cost for a 2016 Tahoe LTZ 2wd 5.3L? And I'm not a professional auto mechanic, but am fairly mechanically inclined. Can install this myself or should I bring it to an auto repair shop?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can install yourself. Whipple kit is very detailed. I'll pm you

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of fuel economy do you get with the Whipple?

Any transmission concerns? What if I slam the throttle in 4-low? The tires on the 26's can't be to good, do we know how rigid the drivetrain is? What if I hammer it while towing? Am I going to see a lot of transmission heat?

What kind of noise? This is my wife's car, I don't want it to sound absurd.

What kind of maintenance should I expect with the Whipple? Do the service intervals change? Confirming SC oil on the system lasts like 100k miles. I know that stuff has a crazy long life for AMG's but this would only be my second supercharged rig ever.

How about warranties? I just bought my Yukon last week and it has 400 miles on it. Assuming this voids the warranty but want to confirm.....

At 7.5 psi what kind of IAT's are you seeing? How much more can the system push before it's out of its efficiency range?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting 21 freeway on my 6.2 on 26s.

I've installed mine no issues and 3 other customers that tow. Both 5.3 and 6.2 no issues. On the 23 kits I've sold so far no word of blowing anything up.

Will void warranty.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w/ a 5.3L what is max boost on stock fuel system? i've been reading 10-11#'s

what fuel mods can be elevate boost?

I know you did a z06 pump & some other stuff on yur 6.2. what all did you do & will it work for a 5.3?

in reading, it seems LT headers will drop one down 1-2#'s...in theory.