TBSS to TAHOE bag set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATED AUG 04 2017

So you guys know it works fine and I've done many over the years.

I use the 06-09 trailblazer rear ss bag and they go right into a tahoe no problem from 00 to new 2017s. The tbss rear upper crossmember and axle brackets are the same as the fullsize suvs

Now over the years I've been doing this few extra things are needed to make it work right
1) free travel mod
2) djm rear hardware kit with bumps tops which I have for 190 shipped on my store page
3) correct rear belltech shocks which I have for 130 shipped
4) rear spoon kit with del sphere upper and lowera and includes Panhard bar with grease and del sphere tool. 675 shipped thru me. Now I've had prob 15 to 20 people bust the output shafts by not doing the arms. The rear end gets sucked forward when you drop it and driveshaft pushes into trans. Just wanted to give you that info.

Now for fittings you will need a 1/4 to 5/32 reducer. The line coming out of a trailblazer ss airbag is 5/32. Then you can hook to a 1/4 line. For those on a budget they can use any pump station to lift the back of the truck up then lower when they want to.

Also you can tow with the trailblazer 06-09 rear airbags. Ive replaced other bag set ups and tbss bags ride better period.

If you need anymore info just ask and yes it will lay the axle on the frame. People are selling these bags all the time on my trailblazer SS site for like 100 bucks.

Tahoe upper crossmember which has notches already
20131214_110658.jpg

Tbss bag on right you can see the 3 ears that Stick up which will spin and lock it into Tahoe upper cross member
IMG_0714.jpg

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony, do you have any pics of this set up? What is the average ride height to keep it from being too bouncy? Do you have pics of the notch you need to put for the ears?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nope didnt take pictures im going to try to get another guys this week. Hes just looking for some used tbss bags. I sold all the sets i took out of customers trucks for a while now just didn't think many would be interested in it here but I guess you guys are.

Rear tbss bags
rear djm hardware kit
rear belltech sp shocks

You can ride 4 inch drop with no issue.

Once you get the bag in your hands you will see that you will just put in 2 sguares on the frame and the tabs will fit in it so bag doesnt move.

GWEE

Reaction score
Cool idea!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

nope didnt take pictures im going to try to get another guys this week. Hes just looking for some used tbss bags. I sold all the sets i took out of customers trucks for a while now just didn't think many would be interested in it here but I guess you guys are.

Rear tbss bags
rear djm hardware kit
rear belltech sp shocks

Once you get the bag in your hands you will see that you will just put in 2 sguares on the frame and the tabs will fit in it so bag doesnt move.

Being new to the SUV world what is the DJM hardware kit????

bgsdewrf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Rear tbss bags
rear djm hardware kit
rear belltech sp shocks

What is the average ride height to keep it from being too bouncy? Do you have pics of the notch you need to put for the ears?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are factory Tbss bags from GM?

What PSI is normal to run?

Pictures?

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically you get the bags and stuff for around $300 and then you just have to find a system to pump them up correct?