Tap Shift Lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
This has probably been touched on before - but is there a way to reduce the lag of tap to shift time on the 6L80e? There is such a long lag from the time you hit the button to the time it actually shifts. Not sure if you guys can program that to be a lesser time? I know if you're in Drive, you can make the shift quicker, but what about in manual mode?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't notice lag when shifting in M on my Yukon. I will check with the guys as to whether or not they can do anything about it, but my gut says no.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So M isn't really manual, it is a maximum. It only permits the transmission to shift to the next gear, it does not dictate it.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Im talking about NNBS - cluster even displays Manual Mode. I think its been disussed how big the lag is from the time you tap up / tap down the button on the column to the time it actually shifts. noticeable 1 second delay. Just wasnt sure if there is anything EFI Live can tweak and make faster.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How different is the tuning on the Yukon 8 speed and the corvette stingray 8 speed?
Same transmission. And they are touting it to be one of the fastest shifting auto's in the world... (the stingray version)

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Calibration is the difference. The trucks and SUVs can shift pretty darn fast too.