Takata Company Recall *NEW INFO*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like the OP, I got one of these a week or so ago and finally decided to read it, since I had already been notified of the airbag recall for one of my cars.

This notice isn’t specific to airbag replacement. I’m not a lawyer, but as I read mine – which looks identical – it’s a notice that Proof of Claim for injury, wrongful-death, or monetary damages must be filed by a certain date, due to the Takata companies listed filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Obviously if you have a claim against one of the Takata companies listed you might want to consult with an attorney if you haven’t already.

The airbag replacement notice is different and, if you received a notice similar to this one, you should also receive a replacement notice specific to a vehicle.

Gotta love the way they make the notice and the print so small.

OP
OP
K

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Like the OP, I got one of these a week or so ago and finally decided to read it, since I had already been notified of the airbag recall for one of my cars.

This notice isn’t specific to airbag replacement. I’m not a lawyer, but as I read mine – which looks identical – it’s a notice that Proof of Claim for injury, wrongful-death, or monetary damages must be filed by a certain date, due to the Takata companies listed filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Obviously if you have a claim against one of the Takata companies listed you might want to consult with an attorney if you haven’t already.

The airbag replacement notice is different and, if you received a notice similar to this one, you should also receive a replacement notice specific to a vehicle.

Gotta love the way they make the notice and the print so small.
Their just lettin you know their not fixing it and if it does kill you, you wont be able to sue them.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same card the other day and had checked my VIN a few months back regarding this recall.

This article is pretty interesting and has a time line by year and date of reports about the Takata company and cars affected.
https://blog.caranddriver.com/massi...ncluding-full-list-of-affected-vehicles/#list

Here is the NHSTA site to check the vehicle by year and model.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recall-spotlight/takata-air-bags

And enter your VIN here for any recalls of your specific vehicle.
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Here is what my report showed.
View attachment 185021
Thank you for this info! I did not know my Yukon had a Takata air bag! Just called the dealer, and no remedy as of yet, as stated below by others... This sucks!

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this info! I did not know my Yukon had a Takata air bag! Just called the dealer, and no remedy as of yet, as stated below by others... This sucks!

Same, had no idea! I checked my VIN also which showed no open recalls, does that mean we're impacted? What a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518