Takata Company Recall *NEW INFO*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
So what I getting is there is still no remedy, “the parts are not available”, they really f’d us on this, I don’t know all the in’s and out’s but sounds like a money thing to me, a way to mess with the used car game, maybe to force people to buy newer, idk, i do remember reading the info about out of 44,000 deployments in these specific vehicles there was no death or injuries, mainly the manufactures just covering their ass since people actually got hurt or worse in the 00-02 civics.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same card the other day and had checked my VIN a few months back regarding this recall.

This article is pretty interesting and has a time line by year and date of reports about the Takata company and cars affected.
https://blog.caranddriver.com/massi...ncluding-full-list-of-affected-vehicles/#list

Here is the NHSTA site to check the vehicle by year and model.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recall-spotlight/takata-air-bags

And enter your VIN here for any recalls of your specific vehicle.
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Here is what my report showed.
Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.57.20.png

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kwOH
Sorry to see that man. :( Good info for everybody though to see 2 different models and years and how the results come up after the VIN search.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 2 of those a while back ('07 Burb and '09 Tahoe), still haven't contacted the dealer because it seemed like a "hurry up and wait" situation.

I'd be more interested in a recall to fix the dash. Those damned cracks get on my nerves!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
@kwOH
Sorry to see that man. :( Good info for everybody though to see 2 different models and years and how the results come up after the VIN search.
Needless to say, I did know this info when I bought them both, so It was my choice, like I said before there has been no injuries or deaths in these specific vehicles so I feel ok about it, also it says they will be more prone to failure in hot & humid climates so Im definitely not in the worst zone. Also when I was researching it before purchase of both, they said that in the future they may end up recalling 09+ which is why a lot of you guys got the same letter. My plan is to sit on it for a while, see if they fix them or not and if not I will send them both on their way.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true.

The 2015 section of this forum is like a nursery. All the crying......

I still love my 2016 Hoe..Just got back from a NYC run from Miami and have zero complaints..I always look forward to long trips in my Hoe.

OP
OP
K

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I still love my 2016 Hoe..Just got back from a NYC run from Miami and have zero complaints..I always look forward to long trips in my Hoe.
They have a 15 in my area with around 40k miles on it for $34k. Thought about getting it and maybe trying to find a nice OBS too..........not anytime soon..... just thoughts.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a 15 in my area with around 40k miles on it for $34k. Thought about getting it and maybe trying to find a nice OBS too..........not anytime soon..... just thoughts.

Do not even look at a early 2015..They had some issues like any first year model change..It would have be a 2015 and a half or higher.

I would get ALL service records IMHO..I do that with any vehicle before I even think of buying it..I am amazed how many people neglect simple things like oil changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B