Tail lights - failing again - looking for suggested replacement source (or cause)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vp46

Reaction score
I was amazed that the first tail light went out in under two yrs of owner ship. I was MORE amazed that the replacement cost was $700 quoted from Pearson GMC in Sunnyvale, CA. It was covered under warranty at that time but the warraty has since expired and sure enough..... the other tail light went out.

I have a fear that I will sell this vehicle at a major loss over a $700 tail light and never return to the brand again ever. Over a tail light. (never mind the other little things about this truck that are unbelievable - loose seat for starters, whistling exhaust, and clunk in steering wheel)

Any one source a direct replacement for the driver side tail light at anything under dealer cost yet? (Who designs a $700 tail light that needs to be replaced in it's entirety?? who does that?)

help!

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
just ran through several pages in this forum (Exterior) - no one has posted about prematurely failing Tail lights. I would be REALLY impressed if I was the first one to have this happen not once but twice....

Let me know if I am in fact the only one and I'll shut up and buy a mercedes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think a Mercedes or Range Rover is going to be less expensive to maintain then good luck with that. Their engineers will make sure it will cost you $700 in labor just to REMOVE their tail light.

BlackOh7on22s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get me a GM part number for your taillight or the last 8 of your VIN and see if I can get a better price for ya

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
Part number K2UGLH

See attached

I shared my discontent with the Dealer and he offered to for x it for $200.

So I need to find the guy that can sell me just the part - I can fix a Taillight just need the part.

Anyone got a line on this?

IMG_0913.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the dealer offered to fix it for $200 what the hell are you waiting for? Lowest price on that tail light I could find is way over $400. What do you want? These vehicles aren't like the old days when you could just replace a bulb, if you wanted that you should have bought a 2002 like mine! Even though I retrofitted all my lights to LED...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan