Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the Perde by TYC projectors that are $97 on Amazon, and they come with 65w 9005 bulbs in both high and low positions. This is the best shot I have of the halogens:
20170105_191444.jpg

Here is a shot with HIDs in them:
20170123_182100r.jpg

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will 2nd again on the Depos. They are still halogen bulbs yes, but the output and cut off is so much better than OEM. And for about $112 Amazon Prime, this is an easy, quick upgrade to OEM that gives you output without going the HID route. I have had them for just shy of 18 months at this point and worked great. Of course I drive in the concrete jungle, just my .02. :)

Do you have a link to those lights?
Mine say right on the light (on the lower left on the passenger lens), it says TYC in the plastic.
Mine were the only ones I could find for around $100 that looked like the stock Denali projectors.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depos are awesome. Throw away the halogens though seriously. They only included the free set of bulbs with your purchase as a sales tactic. I can see through walls after swapping the halogens with 55w HID's

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. My daughter who now goes to school in Nebraska,from Colorado just now got a warning ticket from local police that her H.I.D.' s are in non compiance of law.
Have to go back to Halogens. Our wonderfull Government at work. My fault for not knowing every state law that she my be driving in at some time.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to go back to halogens - Don't be ignorant. Adhere to local guidelines and utilize the abundance of well lit roadway.

Your beam shouldn't strike beyond 75' ahead or blind oncoming traffic.

Use a smart color on the highway not the "hey look at me" deep blue off-road or other nonsense colors of pride. Sure the pink is cute but we're not all rollin with Ken up to Barbies playhouse.

If you have questions about how to upgrade your light w/o getting pulled over here's the place to find out what up.

IMG_20170302_130235.jpg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thank you. My daughter who now goes to school in Nebraska,from Colorado just now got a warning ticket from local police that her H.I.D.' s are in non compiance of law.
Have to go back to Halogens. Our wonderfull Government at work. My fault for not knowing every state law that she my be driving in at some time.
She can keep her hids, just replace the bulbs between 3000k-6500k and she won't have any problems, unless they're aimed up way high, then obviously aim down lol

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm late coming into the headlight game here. I'm trying to do a lot of research before pulling the trigger on anything, as to not waste time or money, just like everyone else here. I'm having some trouble trying to find the Depo's to fit my '02 Tahoe anywhere. Are they being phased out? I will be contacting TRS for help, as well. Any help/advise is welcomed. Updating from the stock, feeble headlights is a must... period IMO. Something else I'm not seeing here is anything using LED's. Any particular reason why? Thanks!

DD70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC