Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find stock headlights to be perfectly bright. I would like to change the wavelength, though. I have 6000K white lights in the interior of my car. Are there any standard Halogens that are a direct replacement for stock with 6000K coolness?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I find stock headlights to be perfectly bright. I would like to change the wavelength, though. I have 6000K white lights in the interior of my car. Are there any standard Halogens that are a direct replacement for stock with 6000K coolness?
No, not without killing the brightness. There are blue coated halogens and they have to be really coated to match 6000k. The coating is basically a tint, anything you tint kills light. In that case you lose 30%...40%...50% brightness in your headlights. That's not what I read online, thats my personal experience.

dro45

Reaction score
Serge, simply outstanding, and will save me much time, money, and aggravation.

I live in deer country and do want more light on the side of the road, about 100 to 200 yards out so that I can spot the deer about to cross the road, and hopefully slow down and avoid them. It appears that no headlight option is really going to do anything dramatic. I hate to put a full blown deer bar, or bull bar, on the front of my 2009 Yukon and mount driving lights on that because I think they're ugly.

The ideal solution would be that someone made a turnkey kit to replace the useless fog lights with driving lights, but I've never seen that offered.

Appreciate any ideas from anyone.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I live in deer country and do want more light on the side of the road, about 100 to 200 yards out so that I can spot the deer about to cross the road, and hopefully slow down and avoid them. It appears that no headlight option is really going to do anything dramatic. I hate to put a full blown deer bar, or bull bar, on the front of my 2009 Yukon and mount driving lights on that because I think they're ugly.

The ideal solution would be that someone made a turnkey kit to replace the useless fog lights with driving lights, but I've never seen that offered.

Morimoto makes a turn key LED driving fog light replacement, but it's not gonna work for what you need it to. But everyday driving, it is wonderful.

And to be quite honest, I'm retrofitted with the Morimoto D2S 4.0, and that high beam is what you need. It outshines anything that I have seen. Light Bar, bull bar, LED or not. The high beam is monstrous. I wish i was closer to give you a preview.

I run 5500k bulbs and they are white with a VERY slight hint of blue. The purist white with no yellow that you can get, imho.

0a873769259a4220103b09c23dd3f394.jpg79dcb56f0515a028f17de836a6476fed.jpg0c5f85519aadcbca736501ff18dafef8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my well-illuminated future from Retrofit over the weekend, with D2S 4.0 bi-xenon as well. Can't wait to get it all installed. Thanks for the help again. :drunk:
You will enjoy the d2s 4.0! Be prepared to dremel the stock socket out. And have fun baking those suckers!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ordered my well-illuminated future from Retrofit over the weekend, with D2S 4.0 bi-xenon as well. Can't wait to get it all installed. Thanks for the help again. :drunk:
Low and Hi beam shots from this evening from.the D2S 4.08bd4085e2a4027a9d80aa0327fd69630.jpg

f0cfb27b6af651a3c86d8254dfb14efc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues