Tahoe/Yukon Double Console Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you give me any pointers on removing the guts from the center console? I'm scared to pry on the wrong part and break it and this is the one thing I can't find on youtube. I have roughly the same console on 05 Escalade. The cupholder section is totally cracked on one side like someone dropped something on it. Pretty sure I can epoxy repair if I can get it out. Power outlet in the armrest is bad, figured I would replace it while it's all apart too. Thanks!

I would start by removing both seats. The console itself just take your time snapping the cupholder section off and the face wear the clock is on the Esky models also snaps off (carefully). Disconnect the electronic options from it and slowly remove. It’s pretty simple was you get into it

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay on the build. Been extremely busy lately AND I STILL CANT FIND REAR SEATS. So if anyone knows where I can find some rear seats for a decent price somewhere near the St. Louis area it would be greatly appreciated.

The weather is finally getting nice so maybe I’ll be able to search the junk yards finally and I can get back to starting the dual center console mod.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting back on the project! Currently have the interior ripped out. Going to do some sound deadening and replacing the carpet. Does anyone on here know anything about removing the factory bose amp entirely? Im planning on running a whole new system and completely ditching the Bose crap completely. Will it cause any other issues? The truck is not a Denali so it only has the "premium" amp, not the "luxury" amp.

I know the chime runs through to the left speaker, I am running a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) and the Metra wiring harness/SWC kit and was hoping I could continue to keep the factory chime without the factory amp.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Finally getting back on the project! Currently have the interior ripped out. Going to do some sound deadening and replacing the carpet. Does anyone on here know anything about removing the factory bose amp entirely? Im planning on running a whole new system and completely ditching the Bose crap completely. Will it cause any other issues? The truck is not a Denali so it only has the "premium" amp, not the "luxury" amp.

I know the chime runs through to the left speaker, I am running a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) and the Metra wiring harness/SWC kit and was hoping I could continue to keep the factory chime without the factory amp.
My scosche harness has the chime built into it. I actually took apart the box and unplugged the wire so there's no more chime. I currently have my Bose amp unplugged in my Tahoe, I can see if I plug the chime back in if it will work with the amp disconnected:think:

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know how much would it be to ship them but I come across pairs of Captain's seats quite often here in Arizona and in good shape sometimes it's cheapest $50 for both of them up to the most I think I've seen them is 300

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade buckets will fit if it’s the short version (not ext model), send me a PM because I’m still looking for buckets!

That looks good but I’d rather just pay the little extra cash and have it hydro-dipped. I’m OCD about little things on my cars, so if something wasn’t perfect it would bother the living hell out of me lol. That steering wheel on the other hand looks great... where’d you get it from?
06 Escalades will fit in a 2000 through 2006 I just did it in mine and they bolt right up you don't have to do anything now I've heard the ones out of the Suburbans won't but I haven't looked at him so I'm not going to say yes or no that could just be a myth somebody saying they won't

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06 Escalades will fit in a 2000 through 2006 I just did it in mine and they bolt right up you don't have to do anything now I've heard the ones out of the Suburbans won't but I haven't looked at him so I'm not going to say yes or no that could just be a myth somebody saying they won't

With the wheel base being longer the Suburban/XL/EXT models have different mounting points (since the wheel wells don’t go up right under the seat like they do in the Tahoe/Yukon/Esky)

Also I feel like shipping would get expensive sadly, large heavy items would definetaly have to be shipped freight. I went to purchase an OEM bumper/cap for my RCSB 2000 Silverado and shipping was $500!!! Luckily found a dealership that shipped them for free... I’ve found a couple around me but they get bought up pretty quickly if they are in decent shape. I’d like to find heated ones also as the Denali consoles I have are set-up for the rear heated seats. And that hydro-dip situation is quite expensive.. might have to see if my buddy could wrap them to match and give that a shot first..

yamano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how much would it be to ship them but I come across pairs of Captain's seats quite often here in Arizona and in good shape sometimes it's cheapest $50 for both of them up to the most I think I've seen them is 300

Hey Ryan, if you happen to come across any stone gray 2nd row captain chairs for my Denali XL (extended wheelbase) in your area (I’m in Tucson), please let me know. Thanks!

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, if you happen to come across any stone gray 2nd row captain chairs for my Denali XL (extended wheelbase) in your area (I’m in Tucson), please let me know. Thanks!
Screenshot_20180607-223828_OfferUp.jpg Screenshot_20180607-223738_OfferUp.jpg Screenshot_20180607-223720_OfferUp.jpg Screenshot_20180607-223700_OfferUp.jpg Screenshot_20180607-223643_OfferUp.jpg here are a few I found real quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17