Tahoe with Front End Leveling Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBR600F4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!! I wanna put larger tires on the truck 275/65-20 or even 275/60/20 will I rub in the front when I turn ?? Or will it be ok???

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Just a rough calc, 275/65/20 that works out to 34.07 inches in diameter. The 275/60/20 is ~32.99 inches and theoretically that should fit with a 2.5" lift. 285/65/18 BFG ATs (32.59") fit for sure. Have the tire shop test fit before you buy.

dmargaros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Tahoe Z71 w/Bilstein leveling

Goodyear Duratracs (275/65/18) on stock Z71 rims. Bilstein 5100 front leveling shocks.

post-61895-1266521481_thumb.jpg

post-61895-1266521488_thumb.jpg

post-61895-1266521509_thumb.jpg

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Looks pretty good. Do you have a pic showing how much it fills the wheel well and one at full lock to show space (no rubbing?)? How do you like those tires?

It might be the angle of the shot, but it looks like you have wheel spacers. Also it looks like you have the Cali lean (higher in the front).

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs (275/65/18) on stock Z71 rims. Bilstein 5100 front leveling shocks.
We need bigger/better pictures of those Duratracs!!!! How are you liking them so far?

Edit for pics of my CCM 2.5/1 photos...

Before:
IMG_1765.jpg

After:
IMG_1775.gif

Last edited:

dmargaros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will get some better photos up...I literally had them put on less than 18 hours ago. First impression is that they look great. Much better than the stock Bridgestones. The Duratracs are probably a good compromise between an "A/T" and a full "M/T". I was hestitant to go up to an M/T due to road noise etc. These fit the bill for me, and are more than what I will ever need here in Sunny California. I haven't taken it on the freeway yet...but just around town the Duratracs are barely slightly noisier than the Bridestones they replaced. They seem to drive a hair "softer" if that makes sense. But again...I have driven them probably a total of 5 miles from the shop to home so far...so I can't say I have had a lot of experience with them yet. But they do look good! The rims are stock...there are NO spacers on them...the tires are one size up from stock so that's perhaps why they look to be a bit wider/larger. There is no rubbing issue at all with the wheels locked in either direction. The Bilstein leveling shocks lift the front 1.77"...so there is no "Cali" lean either...I think it's more of the angle of the photo...but the truck is almost dead level measuring the fenders to the ground...front might be "slightly" lower...though the photos make it appear higher. Overall I am very pleased.

Last edited:

mfratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I would like to put atleast some 33's on my 07 Tahoe.. how high of a leveling kit do I need to put on there

wisconsin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question Re: Leveling Kit/Autolevel Suspension/Sway Bar

Hey all - I've read a lot on this forum - but still looking for an answer to really 5 questions. I've got a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 and am wondering about the following:

1) I would prefer BFG T/A KO tires, but need them to fit my stock LTZ 20" rims. I've seen online that these don't fit but that some people have gotten them in this situation with the 285/55/20s). I've been told Kumho Road Venture AT KL78s will work also, but I'd prefer the BFGs, so any thoughts on this would be helpful!

2) If I put on new tires (to fit the existing 20" stock rims), will I need a front-end leveling kit?

3) If yes, is the ReadyLift T6-3085R sufficient? I believe it raises the front end 2.25" . I know it's originally for silverado but I've heard it fits tahoe as well.I've heard people do 2.25" in front and 1" in rear. I think that I can't do that with the autoleveling suspension, but if people are doing that to level out - I don't want to stick the front end of the tahoe 1" too high.

4) If I do put a leveling kit such as this one on, will it affect the LTZ rear autoleveling air suspension?

5) Also, if I put a leveling kit on, do I need a sway/anti-roll bar? Front or rear if so? And also if so, which one is best? (looking for top end parts more so than budget/lower-priced parts)

Thank you all for any help!

Last edited:

Wthrelkeld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks awesome!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

TRUXX front and rear leveling kit:
285 70 17 bfg at's on 17 x 9 wheels.

P8030011.jpg

P8030012.jpg

The install is doable with a couple people, but if you have access to a lift (rather than jack stands) it will be much easier.

You'll also have to get the knockouts from the dealer to do the alignment.
Could you post the exact link of your crossbars? I checked the Yakima website but there are soooo many different ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts