Tahoe PPV Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russell_knows

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the useful information everyone! I'm new to the PPV world, just planning what's next after running out the remainder of the RSA's currently on the vehicle. Looking forward to the "upgrade"...moving away from any OEM GM Goodyears is always a move in the right direction, no matter what the vehicle is!

ppv detailed.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the useful information everyone! I'm new to the PPV world, just planning what's next after running out the remainder of the RSA's currently on the vehicle. Looking forward to the "upgrade"...moving away from any OEM GM Goodyears is always a move in the right direction, no matter what the vehicle is!

View attachment 57629

Howdy, neighbor!

I stand by those tires I recommended. They're on my truck now if you want to see them. So much quieter, and I haven't had an issue with them when running code 3 or towing either.

Btw I have a push bumper in my garage if you want it. I don't intend on using it.

0f276e1123cfc764ecd050905a4d5ca0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Continental Crosstrack LX20 in 275/60/17 on my PPV and I love them. They're maybe 0.5" taller, 0.5" wider, but you can't tell a difference...however the ride and noise are dramatically improved over the Goodyears. I was only able to get 30k miles out of the factory Goodyear tires.

Both agg and Russell,

Lookin good guys. Man you TX boys get the cool PPVs, I wish I had a spot light, hah.

I ended up going with Nitto 420s in 275/60/17. The small amount in size did not defeat the purpose, in fact I think it handles just as well, granted the RSAs are very soft but I'm pleased with these.

I will say though, those Continentals look sweet.

Here they are
Nitto420s_zps78ba6025.jpg

Neat tread pattern, hah.
Nitto420s_zps1f00d834.jpg

Reaction score
Both agg and Russell,

Lookin good guys. Man you TX boys get the cool PPVs, I wish I had a spot light, hah.

I ended up going with Nitto 420s in 275/60/17. The small amount in size did not defeat the purpose, in fact I think it handles just as well, granted the RSAs are very soft but I'm pleased with these.

I will say though, those Continentals look sweet.

The Continentals do their job well at their price point. We aren't doing any high speed pursuits obviously, just clearing the way to a fire...so as long as they can take an aggressive turn without excess under-steer and hop a curb, I'm pleased. I do like the tread pattern on the Nitto's, that's neat. Let us know how long they last!

Frankly, I'd prefer to NOT have a spotlight. They kill the streamlined look if you ask me. That, and GM used silicone to seal them from the factory, which leaks and rusts the metal behind the windshield. I scraped it out and replaced it with polyurethane when I replaced my windshield a while back. They're great if you're working late at night in the country, though!

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, it does take that sleek look away with the protruding spotlight.
That's stinks, you'd think they install them with a little more pride than just throwing it in there and slapping some silicone on it.
I'd need it, especially since I drive at 3am down 2 lane country roads.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the top we go.........lets get some reports on those Continentals, Nittos, etc. I want to see how they have done with a couple years and some miles.

Reaction score
I sold the 2013 to a friend of mine and bought a new 2017 - but I talk to him enough to know that the tires are still holding up very well. They have about 30k miles on them and still have about half the tread left. Still quiet and comfortable, no issues.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chime Chime ;)

My Nittos handled great in all weather but only lasted about 17k miles rear 20k miles front.
This may have been in turn because of me not rotating them. Though I still think that's kinda short miles for such a tire.
Now I have BFG Long Trail T/A and they seem to be holding up. No complaints.

Thinking about upsizing now :)

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but when looking up that tire size at Tire Rack, 115 or so tires came up. Maybe it's the speed rating that is limiting the choices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon