Tahoe PPV Deflector installed on 15 Suburban (shorter lower valance that comes on Police model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this a direct bolt onto the Chevrolet? Or did it require alterations? How much did it cost?

100% Direct bolt on for tahoe and suburban, cost about 225 to 250$, and I paid an hour of labor or 2 to get a body shop to remove the stock piece and install the new one.

Blueline Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many inches does this take off from the original deflector ? This is a great idea as my old Chevrolet Tahoe (2010) deflector got ripped off while jumping a curb.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many inches does this take off from the original deflector ? This is a great idea as my old Chevrolet Tahoe (2010) deflector got ripped off while jumping a curb.

The new one is about 1/4 the size of the original one, I will measure it this evening to give you an exact number

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just finished putting on GM Part # 23365760

It is the Lower Deflector that comes on Tahoe PPV. it is about 1/4 of the length of the stock piece.

It's a small mod but I believe it has changed the look on our suburban quite a lot, we like it.

I got it at, for 281 plus shipping
https://www.gmpartso...lector-23365760

The main reason was to gain ground clearance, for these off-road times, like when parking at a mall to clear curbs smile.png

Also already helps on steep driveways and coming out of parking lots...

The removal of the old piece and installation of the new one was quite simple. Remove some bolts/ torque screws, pushing down some clip, partial removal of front wheels liners.

I can't comment on any decrease in MPG on highway, as we use this truck in town.

View attachment 74727

View attachment 74728

View attachment 74729

How much was your shipping? I looked at both the links posted in the forum and its about an addition $40-50!

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tracked the MPG at all since you have put this on?

I have not seen any difference.
Right after I installed it, a few months back, we went on a 400 miles trip, got hand calculated around 24 mpg, going 65mph

So, I think it's safe to say that it does have an effect on MPG, it's minimal and nothing compared to putting offroad tires, or even heavier 22 or bigger wheels and tires.

My almost worn out Goodyear fuel assurance, along with the rest of the engineering is really what helps the mpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98