Tahoe no headrest (head restraint) for middle seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a kid sitting there that’s tall enough to need a headrest then I don’t think it’s stupid to want one or even trade for a Vehicle that has one.

I agree, but...

By the time they are that age, they are usually arguing among themselves and wanting their "space." How about the third row..

My kid sits in a booster with no back so it raises him to that height. And yes the third row is an option but not everytime we go out. Plus if there is stuff back there it gets annoying.... I should have bought a suburban but this is what i have and i deal.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story but on a trip with a rental vehicle my dad ended up in that center back seat.
Expressway ramp where you don't just merge, but have the stop lights, and someone plowed in to them from behind at 50 mph.

He was the only one that got messed up.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES, headrests are important for ALL passengers. I don't know why more people don't complain about this safety issue with GM, especially since the Suburban has become "America's family car". People have recommended to just get captains chairs in the second row so that at least only the third row has a middle seat without a head rest,...but the competition almost all have headrests for all passengers, including middle seats. This includes the new 2018 Ford Expedition and also the Toyota Sequoia. Maybe if more people complain to GM they will include it as well. I'm sure it wouldn't cost them too much to add them.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ratings-info/rear-head-restraints-test

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...n-a-rear-end-crash/index.htm?loginMethod=auto

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long story but on a trip with a rental vehicle my dad ended up in that center back seat.
Expressway ramp where you don't just merge, but have the stop lights, and someone plowed in to them from behind at 50 mph.

He was the only one that got messed up.

Man that sucks. I hope he recovered.

OP
OP
F

fvnaguib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree, but...

By the time they are that age, they are usually arguing among themselves and wanting their "space." How about the third row...

The 3rd row in the Tahoe is surprisingly tight, not really for adults + no much space in the trunk with the 3rd row. Personally, I regret that I left toyota. I was comparing between sequoia and Tahoe and I picked the Tahoe for the look. Its the best looking full SUV in the market now.

About selling my truck, I will loose at least $5000 and I will feel so bad to do that from just the head rest.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not making light of your situation in my above post, just working from past experience (went from 0 kids to 2 pre-teen girls on my wedding day, ugh!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14