Tahoe no headrest (head restraint) for middle seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fvnaguib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, in my 2015 Tahoe LS, I figured out that the middle seat in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd row with no headrest!!!!!

What the heck!! headrest is a basic safety feature in all cars now (and its not expensive to have). after my research, I figure out most of GMC cars don't have headrest in the middle seat!

I called Chevy customer service and they said that i should talk to my dealer to have aftermarket headrest !. I called the dealer and he told me they can't help with that.

may be they hide it somewhere? I still can't believe a car in 2015 with $50K with no headrest!. any idea?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually 01 and 02 had none, then they started putting a little hump in the middle(or maybe that was the avalanche?) then nothing in 07-14’s. such is life...

OP
OP
F

fvnaguib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is how it looks in 15-18 tahoes. no middle head rest. I am really shocked with that!

2017-chevrolet-tahoe-interior-photos-suburban-2nd-row-bench-seat-for-sale-2003-suburban-2nd-row-bench-seat-2015-chevy-suburban-2nd-row-bench-seat.jpg

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At present center-rear headrests are not required in the US. Most manufacturers do not place a headrest in the center position because they have been shown in many cases to obstructs a driver's rear view. Obstructing rear visibility is also a safety concern whether it is a person's head or center-headrest.

However, having the option with one that could be raised/lowered on-demand would be ideal. They absolutely reduce whiplash injuries. Just an FYI--they need to be level with the passenger's head to be effective.

Good luck.

art_right--collision.jpeg

OP
OP
F

fvnaguib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Z71Jack, I agree with you. but actually most of the cars has that raised/lowered on-demand headrest. only American cars that believes this is optional. I am a Toyota guy from over 20 years and toyota has it in every car/SUV/truck I bought, I got this Tahoe just for change and I never thought there is any car after 2000 is missing this safety feature.

I am kinda missing toyota but thats too late, my dream suv was always land cruiser but they are dam expensive and they don't loose value over time. I usually buy cars every 7 to 10 years, so I will have to wait for next time.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you actually have someone that sits there often?

OP
OP
F

fvnaguib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you actually have someone that sits there often?

I do too.

I checked ford, they have it now in every truck/car/SUV. its only Chrysler and GMC who still don't add it to their cars. All imported cars have it.

I called Chevrolet and they really don't have anything to add here. I feel so stupid to think about trading my truck for that stupid reason, I will just have to live with it and pray everytime before I drive that no stupid driver hit me from the back.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do too.

I checked ford, they have it now in every truck/car/SUV. its only Chrysler and GMC who still don't add it to their cars. All imported cars have it.

I called Chevrolet and they really don't have anything to add here. I feel so stupid to think about trading my truck for that stupid reason, I will just have to live with it and pray everytime before I drive that no stupid driver hit me from the back.

If you have a kid sitting there that’s tall enough to need a headrest then I don’t think it’s stupid to want one or even trade for a Vehicle that has one.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a kid sitting there that’s tall enough to need a headrest then I don’t think it’s stupid to want one or even trade for a Vehicle that has one.

I agree, but...

By the time they are that age, they are usually arguing among themselves and wanting their "space." How about the third row...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33