Tahoe Leaf Spring Replacement Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well the springs have some good arc. however if the add a leafs are creating it or you get wrapped with the current setup then they are not as good as they can be. it looks like the second leaf from the bottom might be creating the arc. the rear is a little low as well. they have a stock rake to them.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean the springs are a little flat? And it appears from the online pictures I've seen that there is an add a leaf in the pack, no? Thanks SLC

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yeah i think the two adders at the bottom are hiding the issue. well the second from the bottom anyway. but yes you have two extra and you have the 4leaf oem. there is a 5 leaf oem as well.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds about right. Previous owner cut corners and half-assed more and more stuff on this truck... the more I work the more I find. Looks like I'll be replacing them also soon... Thanks.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way SLC. I would think yours would be pristine. no?

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this being the add a leaf spring (see yellow line below). It needs to be up under the 2nd spring in the pack? Doesn't seem like it's doing jack squat right now. Seem reasonable? Or just take it out...899ce7fe-8913-4ede-984f-860d927860d5_zps9plgdn4o.jpg

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is fine where it is at it is doing its job so to speak and it adds to the overall height. unfortunately it also might be hiding the effect of old spring packs. if the spring pack has the same or less arc when it is removed from the vehicle then you know for sure they are bad.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
No way SLC. I would think yours would be pristine. no?

unfortunately not. do to illness twice in the last year i am out of work with no money for repairs or upgrades and things to get done have falling behind for sometime now. even the registration is six months expired so you can imagine the difficulty i am having trying to make this suv a beast to be reckoned with.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately not. do to illness twice in the last year i am out of work with no money for repairs or upgrades and things to get done have falling behind for sometime now. even the registration is six months expired so you can imagine the difficulty i am having trying to make this suv a beast to be reckoned with.

I'm sorry to hear that man. You should start charging for your good advice on here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9