Tahoe hybrid 2009 vs 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrian Holmgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title is saying, is there any differences Between these years on the hybrid model?

I'd did read on the forum that the newer one has better mpg. But is that all? What about the gearbox? Does all models from 08 to 13 come with the same gearbox?

I am considering to import a 2013 hybrid to Sweden, there is a 2009 for sale at my local car dealer, but it's overpriced so I am about to import a hybrid 2013 to Sweden, is it worth the hassle or should I try to get the dealer to lower the price,

Btw the 2009 Tahoe hybrid mileage is 80770miles and the car is in great shape for its age

Regards

sprinter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that the newer versions have a USB port. Apart from that, I believe the model years are quite similar. Either way, I have generally had excellent experience with the Hybrid model. It takes a bit of time to get use to the different technology and maximize its efficiency. It's mostly user impacted. I know GM did not make any money with these trucks, but the curve is long. It seems they learned nothing from the EV1 days. Dropping these models was a mistake. By now they could have had an almost all electric version. Economies of scale would have brought the price down too and they would be the leader in the field instead of desperately trying to catch Tesla.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan