Tahoe 2010 LT. Rear gate issue. Partially unlocks but not all the way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJeef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 LT without the power liftgate. Recently the rear access stopped opening except at random times. When I first unlock the car using the fob or door lock switch it doesn’t work and remains locked. I manually released the gate and removed the panel. I do not hear any sound at the actuator when I try to unlock. When I go to put my car in and out of drive/park it partially unlocks but only to the point where it gives warnings about the rear access being open. I have to go and push ******* it to make it secured. I replaced the actuator and still no luck. The glass pop still opens no problem. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheJeef

TheJeef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are some other odd things going on periodically. The service stabilitrack message has popped up a few times now and the battery (which is a new battery) guage flucuates between 11 - 14v while the engine is running. I was thinking that this could all boild down to a malfunctioning body control module(BMC). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be internal BCM codes set for some of these issues. The moving voltage gauge is usually normal. Do you have an advanced scan tool that can read BCM codes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518