Swirl marks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into the DA. Only problem is I have no garage and would have to do this in my parking lot complex which is outside.

if you can wash your car there you can polish your car there. Shouldn't be a big deal.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the link I posted.
I've had it for going on 4 years now and am ready for a upgrade.
Been eyeballing the newer brands, they supposedly cut the felt vibrations in half and reduced weight.
Cheap DA's vibrate so badly that after awhile your hands will go numb, that's not good considering your working on your paint.
Not saying that porter cable vibes bad, it doesn't. I just want a better DA.

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit you linked is not bad, however I don't think they are including the best pads for M105 and M205. You will certainly want the Orange light cutting pads, but you will also need to get some White polishing pads.

I use pretty much all larger throw polishers. They are work a lot faster then the Porter Cable and require very little pressure due to the large throw. I currently use the Griots Boss G21, Rupes LHR15 and the Rupes LHR75E.
upload_-1

upload_-1

I also have a Makita Rotary, however I rarely ever use it. I am also looking at picking up the Flex Kompakt Rotary at some point as this will be very handy to have.

McGolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bigger throw models are faster and probably smoother but if looking for a slight upgrade at a less significant price then the first griots polisher is the ticket . I just finished my Yukon wither starter kit and could not be happier.
If doing this more in the future then I'm all in for the big throw models

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout