Swaybar/Endlink upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pb82Ronin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just found out that my endlinks are busted (112K miles, so probably about due) and would like to upgrade them. When ever a factory part breaks, I usually replace it with something better. I'm hoping prothane or energy makes a endlink kit. But I suppose an entire swaybar kit would be beneficial as well. What say you Tahoe experts?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new DJM swaybars made a huge difference on my 02. I went with their rear endlinks as well and for the front endlinks I found Energy Suspension was the best way to go. FYI if you go with DJM's front swaybar be advised their supplied bushings aren't poly and mine came apart in a year so I just ordered Energy Suspension greaseable poly ones.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out that my endlinks are busted (112K miles, so probably about due) and would like to upgrade them. When ever a factory part breaks, I usually replace it with something better. I'm hoping prothane or energy makes a endlink kit. But I suppose an entire swaybar kit would be beneficial as well. What say you Tahoe experts?
Fronts or rears?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new DJM swaybars made a huge difference on my 02. I went with their rear endlinks as well and for the front endlinks I found Energy Suspension was the best way to go. FYI if you go with DJM's front swaybar be advised their supplied bushings aren't poly and mine came apart in a year so I just ordered Energy Suspension greaseable poly ones.

Thats very weird. Even OEM bushings last a substantial amount of time before going bad. How many miles you put on them? I see your heavily dropped but cant imagine that alone being the issue. I actually bought DJM sways and waiting on a back order for a set of bushings. Did the rear sways come with DJM Bushings and have similar issue? Would there be any problem rocking Polys on one end and DJMs on the other? Between the back order and this feedback, even more tempted to just go energy suspension.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay with Moog, reasonable price, better than OEM quality.

You can take look at Energy Suspension web site and its catalog, there was NO NEW parts for current Chevy truck (for 2006-up model) since 2010, you can imaging "Why". OEM bushing rubber materials quality is getting better, and their lifespan is getting longer. You don't have to spend extra money for polyurethane. The motor mount in Chevy truck is a different story, it is like more design issue than material's.

[QUOTE="Meccanoble, post: ........ Between the back order and this feedback, even more tempted to just go energy suspension.[/QUOTE]

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats very weird. Even OEM bushings last a substantial amount of time before going bad. How many miles you put on them? I see your heavily dropped but cant imagine that alone being the issue. I actually bought DJM sways and waiting on a back order for a set of bushings. Did the rear sways come with DJM Bushings and have similar issue? Would there be any problem rocking Polys on one end and DJMs on the other? Between the back order and this feedback, even more tempted to just go energy suspension.
I had about 10000 miles on them but it's possible I installed them wrong, I'm not sure. I do corner extremely hard and I'm running 26's as well. They also may be poly's that came with the front, I'm not sure now. I have ES greaseable poly ones to install but that will have to wait, I'm having issues with the Whipple I'm trying to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01