Swapping cloth seats out of a 2015 Tahoe for leather seats with air/heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Ludwick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lingered for sometime but wanted to post a question that I know has been addressed for previous models however I have not been able to locate any posts related to swapping upgraded interior into a 2015 LT Tahoe from cloth to leather and have the ventilation and heat feature. I know the wiring could be an issue with the addition of ventilation/heat feature not to mention if a car doesn't come equipped with the controls to begin with. If the swap seems too problematic I will likely go one of two routes

https://www.leatherseats.com/leathe...ahoe-leather-interiors/?tx_leatherseats_ls101

https://katzkin.com

Both of these sources also offer aftermarket ventilation/heat options as well with controls thanks for any thoughts

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out my 2015 cloth for katzkin leather. Did it myself, never again! Couldn't feel my fingers for a entire day afterwards! But we'll worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no leather expert but the katzkin definitely feels thicker and better quality

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my set on eBay for much cheaper than on the katzkin website. Keep an eye out

OP
OP
M

Matthew Ludwick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were you able to use all the functions of the oem leather seats or are there limits, I assume the sub harness for the seats is different for sure which I image could probe problematic

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? They have all the same areas which click in and or Velcro at seams.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Ludwick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just referring to the climate control features, my tahoe does not have those features but would like to see about adding that feature.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just referring to the climate control features, my tahoe does not have those features but would like to see about adding that feature.
Not sure on that, mine does not have those nor will I add them in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu