Swaping gm headunit from a 15230099 to a 25815340

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tippie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I have searched around and couldnt find any information on this idea. More than likely cause its easier and cheaper to do a new updated aftermarket headunit, but I usually take the long way home and seek out the dark and scary path through the woods. lol. I have a Buick Regal that I have spent years modifying both the performance and the stereo and or interior of so, I really want to go with a "stock" equipment / look for the truck. I wont be adding amps or subs in the foreseeable future all I really want is to focus on multi media. So far I swapped out the center consoles cigarette lighter out for an aux audio jack / USB port from a Nissan Juke (IIRC) for a simple stock look. The aux jack was soldered into the nav unit and USB is ran off a 12v to 5v power supply that is fused on its own. I have also installed a set of USB ports in the rear of the truck for the kids to charge their ipads and such on trips. Also I installed a Western Digital media player into the truck (hidden under the rear fender panel). So now comes the grand idea I would like to run an updated or upgraded GM 25815340 out of lets say an Acadia. This will allow me to remove the aux port up front and have a better headunit. I will also be looking at replacing the 2nd row bench seat with captains chairs if I am lucky to find a set and then installing headrest monitors all around. I am also looking at updating the battery to run dual batteries vs 1 yellow top. Any help would be greatly appreciated in either information with wiring the new headunit or maybe a pin out schematic or wiring diagram for both units so I can splice together a harness? I would like to keep the stock dvd and monitor up top but I guess I can always swap it for the newer unit if need be. I whole idea is that we are starting to travel alot more and these upgrades will allow for a more comfortable trip for them and us. I dont know how my mom and dad did long trips with singing games and slug bug cause that wouldnt fly with my brats.....lol thanks in advance for the help all.

Joao GANDAREZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Idk if it would work or even be viable. If i am not mistaken The newer cars run can bus its a whole car network where most or all modules are connected to each other. hence why some car settings are changed in radio.

OP
OP
T

Tippie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the insight that sucks that they would do that but does make sense.

OP
OP
T

Tippie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have the pin out for both head units?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne