Swap out 6.0L LFA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsgmad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've tried searching for a long time and haven't found anything so I decided to create an account a post a thread.

I have an '10 Hybrid Tahoe 4WD with a blown motor. My guess was a bearing. I bought it for pennies and a dollar and have been sitting on it for almost a year. I was wondering if you can swap another GM V8 in instead of replacing the LFA. The reason I'm asking is because the 6.0 Hybrid is pretty expensive and I have a friend that builds up 350 small blocks and would sell me one for dirt cheap. As far as I can tell the hybrid system is in the transmission. If I sent out the wiring harness and ecu to be customized could I run the truck, hybrid system and everything with a 350 small block? Or does the motor and ECU have components that need to work with the hybrid system?

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sbc will never work. Accessories, motor mounts, it has a distributer, not to mention all the electronic hurtles. Cheapest way out is rebuild the 6.0L that is in it. Assuming the rods aren't hanging out the pan.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to go with a 6.0L short block from a similar year if your current one isn't rebuildable. You could try to check part numbers at gm parts direct to verify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT