Suspension vs body lift installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for these links and advice. I'm absolutely aiming towards that suspension lift now especially with the ntd factor. Now tool wise are the rough country supplies list reliable at all or not? I will be using an impact gun tho for a little bit of ease

Here is their site; NDT-spec kit listed for $1k @ 6"

Pretty damn good deal considering their R&D, tooling, marketing, etc. I saw a Superlift kit on 1 of those other linked web sites retailing over $2k; forget what the RCD was.

Anyway, no complaints of missing hardware in the reviews & every1 sounds happy & claims it's fairly easy to do. I would check it all out & do a head count before ripping into my frame in case anything is found to be missing and needs to be mailed out. I think the RCD instructions are spot-on, nothing to worry about there. Wonders of the web and ability to preview the kit, steps, tools requires, labor involved.

Are you going to install lower R&P gears? That is icing on the cake but costly, for sure. I would be researching HD halfshafts for future upgrades if you run with 35s. HD tie-rod sleeves too. Go big or go home! (jk)

OP
OP
C

Cbarber6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could I have the link to that site please? And yes without a doubt I'll be installing the HD tie rod sleeves while installing the kit for a little bit of a beefier start as well as the HD halfshafts and gears down the road
Here is their site; NDT-spec kit listed for $1k @ 6"

Pretty damn good deal considering their R&D, tooling, marketing, etc. I saw a Superlift kit on 1 of those other linked web sites retailing over $2k; forget what the RCD was.

Anyway, no complaints of missing hardware in the reviews & every1 sounds happy & claims it's fairly easy to do. I would check it all out & do a head count before ripping into my frame in case anything is found to be missing and needs to be mailed out. I think the RCD instructions are spot-on, nothing to worry about there. Wonders of the web and ability to preview the kit, steps, tools requires, labor involved.

Are you going to install lower R&P gears? That is icing on the cake but costly, for sure. I would be researching HD halfshafts for future upgrades if you run with 35s. HD tie-rod sleeves too. Go big or go home! (jk)

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not personally attest to any certain kits being superior to another. All of the $1k-$1.5k will be almost identical except for the NTD, which is newer development. Before that I think all makes dropped the torsion bars at the back with a new x-member or brackets.

If you don't mind spending $2-$3k for a suspension lift do the research and find what makes them a $1500 improvement over these kits which have remained relatively unchanged for 20-years. 'BulletProof' is 1 of the newer players who come to mind. Cognitive, mcGhauphy (or something) Expensive, flashy, & claims of improvements. It would have to be a damn nice truck for me to spend more for accessories than value of the vehicle itself.

There isn't any more I can tell you about suspension lift. Get back with us on updates and pics if & when you do anything!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cbarber6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can not personally attest to any certain kits being superior to another. All of the $1k-$1.5k will be almost identical except for the NTD, which is newer development. Before that I think all makes dropped the torsion bars at the back with a new x-member or brackets.

If you don't mind spending $2-$3k for a suspension lift do the research and find what makes them a $1500 improvement over these kits which have remained relatively unchanged for 20-years. 'BulletProof' is 1 of the newer players who come to mind. Cognitive, mcGhauphy (or something) Expensive, flashy, & claims of improvements. It would have to be a damn nice truck for me to spend more for accessories than value of the vehicle itself.

There isn't any more I can tell you about suspension lift. Get back with us on updates and pics if & when you do anything!
Thanks again for the advice the rough country lift is getting ordered later tonight and there will be pictures to follow shortly

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youre wanting 35's... save yourself the time and money and heart/headache and get yourself a 6in NTD suspension lift. You're still gonna rub with 35's AFTER some trimming but it's worth it trust me. That's the route I went and I would've hated myself if I hadn't got a 6in suspension lift to begin with. At the time Rough Country did not offer the Non Torsion Drop so I had the constant grief of high centering when I took it out in the mud.

I now run 6in NTD lift with 3in body with 37 13.50 open. Country MTs and could not be happier. Of course I overhauled and regeared my front and rear diff with 5.13 gears.

OP
OP
C

Cbarber6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If youre wanting 35's... save yourself the time and money and heart/headache and get yourself a 6in NTD suspension lift. You're still gonna rub with 35's AFTER some trimming but it's worth it trust me. That's the route I went and I would've hated myself if I hadn't got a 6in suspension lift to begin with. At the time Rough Country did not offer the Non Torsion Drop so I had the constant grief of high centering when I took it out in the mud.

I now run 6in NTD lift with 3in body with 37 13.50 open. Country MTs and could not be happier. Of course I overhauled and regeared my front and rear diff with 5.13 gears.
That's what I've came forward to. The tough coubtry kit has been ordered and should be here towards the end of the week the tires on the other hand are getting ordered tonight and will take around two weeks to arrive thanks for the advice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts