Surge/Brake with AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rankhornjp

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Avy LTZ with about 16000 miles on it. I started noticing a little surge when it changes from V4 to V8 and "brake" (slow down) going from V8 to V4. I took it to the stealership at 12,000 miles and the tech told me this was normal. :confused: Its bad enough that on long trips with cruise control on, my neck starts hurting from the head bob that occurs every time the AFM shifts.

Also, sometimes when I'm coasting (in town driving) and then I push the gas a little I hear a grind/rumble when it shift back to V8. Sounds like I've run over a really short rumble strip (like the kind on the edge of the road).

I have a 2007 Tahoe with 82,000 miles on it and I've never had this issue.

Is this normal?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Avy LTZ with about 16000 miles on it. I started noticing a little surge when it changes from V4 to V8 and "brake" (slow down) going from V8 to V4. I took it to the stealership at 12,000 miles and the tech told me this was normal. :confused: Its bad enough that on long trips with cruise control on, my neck starts hurting from the head bob that occurs every time the AFM shifts.

Also, sometimes when I'm coasting (in town driving) and then I push the gas a little I hear a grind/rumble when it shift back to V8. Sounds like I've run over a really short rumble strip (like the kind on the edge of the road).

I have a 2007 Tahoe with 82,000 miles on it and I've never had this issue.

Is this normal?

rankhornjp,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Avalanche vehicle. Please PM me your VIN, so I can check my resources for any known issues.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC