Supercharged 416 Stroker Tahoe -The build has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Jr

Reaction score
Hiya everyone.
Well I started the basic build list and parts orders. I’m not sure if I am crazy but am super excited about this project. Like we say around my shop “We’re all here ‘cause we’re not all there”
A history of my Tahoe insanity...
Ive owned Tahoe’s for the 18 years and absolutely love the vehicle. Great duel purpose for me (work and daily driving) Never did anything more than cold air intakes and “chips” I always liked the idea of a sports car but could never justify a second road vehicle in addition to my motorcycle (2013 Honda VFR1200) and boat. Now that my girlfriend lives with me I have no extra diveway space and don’t like the idea of keeping a 2nd vehicle off site. I went to CC’s, a car shop up the road from me, to get a cargo liner and started BSing the boys (great people) and wound up ordering a Whipple 2.3 kit...Then I got the “bug”
When I picked up my cargo liner I order some headers and an exhaust system.
The blower kit installed pretty easily, the instructions we fantastic and needed common tools. I had CC install the rest.
The Whipple supplied tune was really bad..hesitation, jumps and horrible shift points. Not to mention the exhaust was obnoxiously loud (3 blocks away in a quiet neighborhood loud). Was actually unhappy. CC (a great shop for suspension, wheels etc, not equipped for performance) suggested some techs with dynos for better tuning, that’s when I found Lashway Motorsports. Amazing staff, super knowledgeable. They sent me to the exhaust shop they use and for 150$, that day I added a resonator. Lashway tuned it a week later.
The truck ran perfect, I saw what a professional performance shop can do.
The bug became a disease Now I am converting my Tahoe to a sports truck
I maxed out my stock 5.3 using parts with the idea of building a forged 6.2 (l83 to l86 parts swap easily)
Whipple 2.3 with 4.125 pulley
Kooks headers 28602401
Corsa 14859
Large MagnaFlow resonator installed between the y and Corsa muffler
Sound is Awesome! Absolutely no drone and silent at cruise. Nice idle. Under acceleration deep and LOUD
LT4 injectors
Alky Control Meth injection
495 rwhp 480 torque pump gas

That started 8 months ago...

TL;DR. Now for the fun stuff... Lashway will be doing the primary engine build, tuning, trans work and painting. Wanting to be involved with limited free time, I will do some accessory stuff, like welding a S.S. Meth tank, working on a 8 rib belt system, suspension work...
Goal: Reliable, daily driven, sleeper

Parts and components on order or arrived:
All previously listed components
Texas Speed 416 short block
Callies magnum wet sump crank
Callies ultra billet I beam rods
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
PRC CNC ported heads
Brian Tooler Racing cam (I’ll post specs later)
Johnson tie bar lifters
Innovators West 10% over damper 8rib for L86 trucks
Circle d 3 disk converter
LT4 high pressure pump
CPR lowside fuel system
Willwood TC6R big brake 140-8992 front Black calipers
Willwood AERO4 big brake 140-9407 rear Black calipers

Stuff TBD:
Working on controlling a 6L90 trans (really close) Currently a 6L80
Drive shaft, single piece, high torque, high speed
Belt system, 8rib. Been piecing parts will post progress
Tires really leaning toward Toyo Proxes STIII 305/45r22

Cosmetics:
Wanting to keep stock look with a few deviations, will be very close to a Black on Black RST
Chrome to black gloss—> Current grill, trim piece above headlights, window trim, mirror covers
Keeping the running board trim and roof rack chrome
Very slight blackout of rear 3 brake lights
Stock rims

Will be updating with progress and pics...

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wow! I can't wait to see and hear a video. Awesome truck. Just curious, have you totaled everything up? Badass truck.

OP
OP
Dave Jr

Dave Jr

Reaction score
View attachment 197679
How much will this much buy?

LOL, Sounds about right
Beg, steal, ask nicely, barter, trade services, wholesale pricing, doing as much myself as I can... Not sure how much hard cash, ballpark 17 to 20k Damn you had to ask:boxed:
Better buy my girl a nice purse:angels2: or sell a rifle hmmm purse it is...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would love to see some launch video of this beast when you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts