Super charger advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the end result?
Did you get the same cam?
Haven't dyno'd it yet- AWD dynos around here are booked months in advance and I never made a reservation. Now I have a new project lol.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need some boost... i got rekt the other day by a new rangerover :nono:

I wouldn't mind some boost, hah. What are you considering?
Those new Range Rovers are pretty sick.

Haven't dyno'd it yet- AWD dynos around here are booked months in advance and I never made a reservation. Now I have a new project lol.

Ahh, forgot you were AWD.
What's the new project:)

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The positive displacement superchargers look so easy and simple to throw on that's probably what I'll keep an eye out for but probably the larger 2.3l or 2.9l. Only thing I don't like about them is trying to keep IATs down.
And yea I was kinda surprised so i looked them up to see a few of the newer supercharged RRs run high 12s/low 13s stock :lol: right out of the hole I pulled a car on him and he stayed there till about 80-85mph then walked right on by

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?
Oregon.

Ahh, forgot you were AWD.
What's the new project:)

This. I started a build thread, there's a link in my sig. It needs a lot of little stuff; it never got quite finished by the PO. Man I gotta get those front windows tinted to match, every time I look at it I go crazy lol.IMG_7474.JPG

niely

Reaction score
I did all that and then added a Whipple. And it cost WAY more and has way more power to boot. Lol.

I've been debating between Whipple, Maggie and Pro - or all forged internals...i'm a N/A type of guy, but in the end just comes down to how much HP for little $ I have to spend lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been debating between Whipple, Maggie and Pro - or all forged internals...i'm a N/A type of guy, but in the end just comes down to how much HP for little $ I have to spend lol
I understand. I just always wanted a blown V8 with a cam and headers so I went for it. I'm running straight pipes too (actually I'm running an Aero Turbo muffler which makes it louder that straight pipes) because I wanted it loud too. The thing sounds amazing under throttle. And it doesn't drive me crazy just driving normal like I was afraid it would. Actually I can't really make myself drive normal anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy