Super charger advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Justin have you used the edelbrock on the 15+ 6.2l? I looked at the picture of the kit and it uses such a small cooler for the water to air cooler.
I have not seen the magnacharger or whipple parts so I don’t know if it’s just that’s as big as they can fit.

I’m trying to figure out which has the best parts between the three (although this thread has me leaning toward the smaller magna and edelbrock

The magnacharger H/E is about as big as you can fit in there. As I recall, it just about fully matches the behind-the-grille opening right in front of the A/C condensor. I can't compare to the Edelbrock as I haven't seen it on that model.

Quality of parts are high on all three systems, although the whipple uses very "fancy" countersuck, allen head bolts in a lot of places which can be difficult to get a good angle on. On my SS, the instructions also called for locktite AND either 17 or 25ft-lbs on a stainless bolt threaded into aluminum. That's a recipe for galled threads.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Why has there been no mention of Pro Charger?

Also, is overkill really that bad? How Jenna had mentioned it earlier about going with a 1900/2300 vs 2900 for a 5.3?

I'm not here to argue or fuss, this is sincere curiosity.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
OP’s original question was which supercharger can you install with out having to install a bunch of other engine modifications.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think you'd need any modifications with any super charger install, they are all vehicle specific bolt on units, correct?
Any mods would be to improve or increase hp even greater than what the SCer is capable of, correct?
I would also think the Pro Charger would be the easier install over a roots/twin screw since you wouldn't have to remove the intake manifold.

Did the OP decide on which model he was going to get?

Reaction score
I plan on doing a heartbeat 2.3 on mine spring next year when i can stop it and drive the vette around. Although after doing the cal work this 6.2 moves quite nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu