sunroof noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassgas

Reaction score
i have a 2004 yukon xl and i sometime have very annoying noise from around the sunroof is there any kind of fix for that. dont here it all the time but there are days that's all the time

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have a specific fix for you. But one of the tahoes i looked at , but didnt buy had something going on with the sunroof. during the test drive it was all rattling, and i was afraid to open and not be able to close it. i looked up and there was allot of play in the connections for the arms that operate it. I didnt buy it, so i didnt have to fix it. but it didnt look all that bad.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered after my purchase I had a horrible metallic racket up top. Sounded like a sheet metal tray loose sound. as it turns out I had some kind of tray completely off track and the drain hoses were leaking. a local sunroof guy fixed it all for $100

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is noisy at freeway speeds when open. Otherwise it is nice and quiet.

OP
OP
bassgas

bassgas

Reaction score
i have checked and can not find anything loose and the dang thing will not do it all the time but when it starts it will do it the whole trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts