Sunroof buffeting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done some searching, and I'll I can find related to the newer trucks and not NBS trucks.

My 2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT has the sunroof, and anytime I have it retracted (all the way to the rear), I get a buffeting (Helmholtz resonance) when I'm driving above about 50 mph.
If I vent any window it goes away, and if I just vent the sunroof (where it just lifts the rear of it up), it doesn't get any buffeting.

Does this mean the body vents are bad? I've heard one of them buzz when I had the subs up nice and loud, so I'd think that at least one was working.

Any ideas?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done some searching, and I'll I can find related to the newer trucks and not NBS trucks.

My 2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT has the sunroof, and anytime I have it retracted (all the way to the rear), I get a buffeting (Helmholtz resonance) when I'm driving above about 50 mph.
If I vent any window it goes away, and if I just vent the sunroof (where it just lifts the rear of it up), it doesn't get any buffeting.

Does this mean the body vents are bad? I've heard one of them buzz when I had the subs up nice and loud, so I'd think that at least one was working.

Any ideas?
All my sunroofs did it and do it, my 01 hoe, my '13, my hondas, every car i ever owned with a sunroof did, makes ur ears feel weird.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts